Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/4, 1:05 P.M. CT)

SSH2005

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
They don't need to start turning it on until APril 4 or whatever it is.

I completely disagree. If these hitters continue to struggle during Spring Training, then it could become a matter of confidence. There's still a while to go, so I'm not worried.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
lol 8 lefties... each one is awful.  i love it

Wasn't that expected when we signed them? It's not like we were paying top dollar for any of these guys. KW was hoping for a diamond in the rough.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
So then whats the point of Spring Training? They obviously have not shaken off the rust, and its time.

And its April 2nd.

Point of spring training is to see people fight for positions and see the young kids in the organization. The vets can start working on their timing and begin to get ready the last half week or so.

"It's time" comes April 2. Nobody cares what you do in the first 2, 3 weeks of ST

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
I completely disagree.  If these hitters continue to struggle during Spring Training, then it could become a matter of confidence.  There's still a while to go, so I'm not worried.

LOL. There is the fathom I know.

The sad thing is the guy with the best tools to be the lefty out of the pen is Munoz. His curve is absolutely sick. He could dominate lefties if he threw strikes and was agressive. Hopefully he mans up and pitches well the rest of the spring.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
Wasn't that expected when we signed them?  It's not like we were paying top dollar for any of these guys.  KW was hoping for a diamond in the rough.

what i said was said laughingly... which is hard to convey online... yeah i know. KW cant work his magic every year.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
:headshake  :headshake  :headshake

Yeah, I think it'll take a little longer than a half week...let's just hope our guys know themselves well enough to know what to do to get into their rhythms. I'll worry when we get to April. Hell, we even got beaten up by the Brew Crew up in Milwaukee right before the season started last year. Let's just hope our guys know what to do. Sure did last year.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
So Lopez and Munoz have been impressive so far.  Am I forgetting anybody?

That's about it. But it's still the first week. They can both still implode.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Yeah, I think it'll take a little longer than a half week...let's just hope our guys know themselves well enough to know what to do to get into their rhythms.  I'll worry when we get to April.  Hell, we even got beaten up by the Brew Crew up in Milwaukee right before the season started last year.  Let's just hope our guys know what to do.  Sure did last year.

Well they are getting ready the whole time, it's not like they aren't getting at bats. It's just that they start looking for results in their ABs that last half week to a week.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Yeah, I think it'll take a little longer than a half week...let's just hope our guys know themselves well enough to know what to do to get into their rhythms.  I'll worry when we get to April.  Hell, we even got beaten up by the Brew Crew up in Milwaukee right before the season started last year.  Let's just hope our guys know what to do.  Sure did last year.

This is all I care about over the next few weeks. I am not worried about the records.

Brian Anderson

The only one from the starters that it matters how he does is Anderson. He needs to work with Dye and Pods so they can get their collective communication together. He also needs to get some ABs and get a good feel before the grind starts.

Jenks

Everyone knows he can throw 100mph. He needs to work more on pitch placement, pitching up in the zone. And the big huge thing is locating his curve. If he can throw that for a strike goodnight hitters.

Bmac

He needs innings, and to work on some touch up stuff.

2nd lefty/crapola Someone needs to seperate themselves from the pack.

The rest of the guys are vets. They just need to get through this healthy, get their ABs or innings pitched. Work on a few items and then get ready. I have gone to ST for years. If you are looking for the sox to win every game or play fluidly, wait until the season starts. Because in ST you get some ugly games, some ugly swings, and some ugly pitching.

Edited by southsideirish71