Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/4, 1:05 P.M. CT)

SSH2005

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fences in AAA much be really deep or something for him to have the ERA he does.

Bajenaru is sure not impressing. He walked a guy with the bases loaded and gave up a tape measure shot to Chris Carter, whoever that is. Hopefully, he will improve. Urbina needs to break out of jail or something.

Chad Bentz was really, really bad.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
The fences in AAA much be really deep or something for him to have the ERA he does.

Quite the opposite. The Knights play in "Pitcher's Hell" as it is affectionately known.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
Bajenaru is sure not impressing.  He walked a guy with the bases loaded and gave up a tape measure shot to Chris Carter, whoever that is.  Hopefully, he will improve.  Urbina needs to break out of jail or something.

Chad Bentz was really, really bad.

No one looked real good, although I missed a lot of Redding....

Either way, Baj is in the process of losing his shot. He needed to get out of that inning unscathed, IMO, and he gave up a 742 foot bomb.

I think he already lost it with the Sox leaning towards 11 pitchers. I really think that Ozzie wants a second lefty so that means Borchard, Gload, and a lefty.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
Quite the opposite. The Knights play in "Pitcher's Hell" as it is affectionately known.

Oh, I've been to quite a few Knights games. It just baffles me how he can totally shut down AAA players, but looks clueless against MLB players.

I'm certain there only two roster spots available.

The Sox are leaning towards only keeping 11 pitchers now according to this article.

Buehrle

Contreras

Garcia

Garland

Vazquez

Cotts

Hermanson

Jenks

McCarthy

Politte

Second lefty

Pierzynski

Widger

Crede

Gload

Iguchi

Konerko

Mackowiak

Ozuna

Thome

Uribe

Anderson

Borchard

Dye

Podsednik

The Sox are leaning towards only keeping 11 pitchers now according to this article.

You're right. I have a list next to me where I wrote Mackowiak twice.

Safe to assume Gload and Borchard are assured roster positions. If Munoz is the lone lefty chosen, he'll have to continue pitching well. We've seen these last few games the lefty pool isn't very deep with talent.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

You're right. I have a list next to me where I wrote Mackowiak twice.

Safe to assume Gload and Borchard are assured roster positions. If Munoz is the lone lefty chosen, he'll have to continue pitching well. We've seen these last few games the selection isn't very deep with talent.

Munoz has the advantage of being out of options, just like Borchard and Gload. Maybe the Sox don't want to risk losing some of these guys. Otherwise, Javier Lopez has apparently impressed.

Edited by SSH2005

Im still dissapointed with the lack of fundamentals we are showing on defense, and the lack of control by the pitchers.  Granted the games dont count.  But in some way they do count, and we are getting crushed.

I agree with you. The offense was frustrating to watch but the defense was downright pathetic. Thankfully, it's just ST and a few of the errors were committed by guys who won't even make the roster. Ozuna better work on his throw to first base. He had two bad throws to Konerko. I guess this is what ST is for.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
Im still dissapointed with the lack of fundamentals we are showing on defense, and the lack of control by the pitchers.  Granted the games dont count.  But in some way they do count, and we are getting crushed.

They count for NOTHING. They sucked ass last spring too. Pitchers on concentrating on certain aspects of their game. D and O are just getting warm, they're only in what, the 2nd or 3rd week of ST, not even a week's worth of games yet?

Yeah last year they suck big time, our pitchers were being hammered same as this year. But one thing we have to remember, other teams will play their assess off bcoz of the fact that we are the World Series Champs!

Did you guys notice the sox logo with the trophy besides it when WGN shows the name of the player. Looks cool.