Kirby Puckett has died.

sayitaintso

RIP Mr. Puckett.

You were a joy to watch when I was a nine-year old. Probably the first world series I can remember watching.

Hopefully you have moved on to a better place. Thanks for the excitment you provided to those who enjoyed watching you play baseball.

Edited by aboz56

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
RIP Kirby.  You were a hell of a player and a hell of a guy.

Without turning this thread ugly (I hope), but for the sake of accuracy, let's just say the bolded was proven to be otherwise after his playing career. He was a hell of a player though, and 44 is WAY too young to die.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
Without turning this thread ugly (I hope), but for the sake of accuracy, let's just say the bolded was proven to be otherwise after his playing career.  He was a hell of a player though, and 44 is WAY too young to die.

Not really the place for a debate on that, however.

Let's give the guy his due and try our best to stay away from this if at all possible.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
Not really the place for a debate on that, however.

Let's give the guy his due and try our best to stay away from this if at all possible.

Yeah I agree, which is why I limited my post to RIP, 44 is way to young to go, and he was a hell of a player. I just couldn't let that one go without mentioning something. However I'll drop it.

RIP Kirby. My uncle actually went to Triton when Kirby was there and had classes with him, pretty amazing looking back now.

I'll bring it up.

I really believe Kirby's problems after he retired only show that he is human. A lot of athletes have a problem dealing with life after the spotlight is no longer on them. Sometimes what makes them great is what makes them struggle so much once their time in the sun is gone.

I will not judge another person's life without living it. We know he wasn't a perfect person, but how many among us are? We do not know what he was going through or why he may have had problems coping with everyday life.

I'll choose to remember Kirby as the guy who was electrifying to watch. Who always had a smile on his face and gave people joy watching him do his thing. Who made teammates better. Who did many great things with charities. And so on....

Edited by Rex Hudler