Official Big Ten Tourney Thread

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Yeah it appears Gullickson had a really nice game though, and Ill take the loss if it means come tournament time Gullickson is a viable player.

Ray Nixon though shot terribly, from the ESPN updates I think the only shot he made was a dunk, lol.

Anyways with a bunch of other good teams losing in their tournaments, the loss doesnt hurt that bad. Guessing Wisconsin can be anywhere from a 5 to 8 seed.

More likely in the 7-10 range. Their resume doesn't matchup to well with most of the seeds in the 4-6 range, and they've lost 5 of their last 11. They have a few decent wins, but they haven't done a whole lot since early January.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between 5-8 and 7-10 is 8 teams.

It just all depends on how everything shakes down, if the Big 10 is getting high seeds, then Wisconsin may get a higher seed. If the Big is getting lower seeds then Wisconsin could be on the low end.

Its all kind of dependent, if OSU is 1, Illini a 2, I would think most of the Big 10 seeds are going to be pretty good.

On the other hand if OSU is a 2, Illini a 3, I would think the Big 10 are going to get lower seeds.

In all actuality, once you go down below a 4 or 5 seed, dropping seed wise is not that bad unless your going to have to play a 1-4 seed in the first round.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
The difference between 5-8 and 7-10 is 8 teams.

It just all depends on how everything shakes down, if the Big 10 is getting high seeds, then Wisconsin may get a higher seed. If the Big is getting lower seeds then Wisconsin could be on the low end.

Its all kind of dependent, if OSU is 1, Illini a 2, I would think most of the Big 10 seeds are going to be pretty good.

On the other hand if OSU is a 2, Illini a 3, I would think the Big 10 are going to get lower seeds.

In all actuality, once you go down below a 4 or 5 seed, dropping seed wise is not that bad unless your going to have to play a 1-4 seed in the first round.

So let's think big here. How high of a seed could Indiana get should they beat Ohio State? Could they get as high as a 6? Where do you think they are now?

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
Yeah it appears Gullickson had a really nice game though, and Ill take the loss if it means come tournament time Gullickson is a viable player.

Ray Nixon though shot terribly, from the ESPN updates I think the only shot he made was a dunk, lol.

Anyways with a bunch of other good teams losing in their tournaments, the loss doesnt hurt that bad. Guessing Wisconsin can be anywhere from a 5 to 8 seed.

Gullickson was what saved Wisconsin in the first half. IU was up 10-2 and, while not playing great offensively, he gave Wisky a huge spark and led them on a 17-0 run. The intensity of the two teams seemed to flip-flop when he came into the game. IU picked the intensity back up to open the 2nd half and never really let it get away, despite Tucker trying to almost singlehandedly beat them.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
So let's think big here.  How high of a seed could Indiana get should they beat Ohio State?  Could they get as high as a 6?  Where do you think they are now?

I just want to move out of the 8-9 position they have us at in Bracketology. I'm not expecting a BTT trophy this weekend, but we do have the opportunity to move up from our 8 spot.

Am I realistic in thinking that if Minnesota makes it to the finals and lose (extremely unlikely, but if it happens by some remote sequence of events), they would make a strong case for an NCAA bid? Or was the start of their Big 10 schedule too dismal to overcome?

I one time remember them saying the Big 10 final was after the selections were in. I would say if Minnesota beats Illinios I would be disapointed as a Minnesota fan if they did not make it.

Ive always thought the Gophers are a tough team, especially with the press and if Grier is going.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
That dunk by Grier is a strong candidate for dunk of the year.  That and the Randle dunk on Marco....wow.

You get coverage of it? :(

They better have it on Sportscenter or something..

Also, nice little run here for Minny, up by 4 according to GameCenter.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
You get coverage of it? :(

They better have it on Sportscenter or something..

Also, nice little run here for Minny, up by 4 according to GameCenter.

Channel 26 in Chicagoland. He put himself and Mike Henderson onto every highlight show in the country. I honestly don't really care who wins this game, these 2 teams scare me equally, but that dunk had me going crazy.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
Channel 26 in Chicagoland.  He put himself and Mike Henderson onto every highlight show in the country.  I honestly don't really care who wins this game, these 2 teams scare me equally, but that dunk had me going crazy.

I'm more worried about tonight's game than tomorrow's game to be honest. But i'd rather see Minne win.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
Channel 26 in Chicagoland.  He put himself and Mike Henderson onto every highlight show in the country.  I honestly don't really care who wins this game, these 2 teams scare me equally, but that dunk had me going crazy.

I live in New Jersey, and only care about this game because I'm going to Minnesota next year :P

I'll make sure I watch Sportscenter tonight then at 11 :)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
I'm more worried about tonight's game than tomorrow's game to be honest.

I'm worried about both, but thinking about this game in terms of if we win tonight. Horner and Grier are going back and forth, 2 man game right now.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
Super weird.  I have the Minnesota game here in Birmingham, but not the UAB game in the CUSA Tournament.  Not sure how to figure that one out??

And I'm in Minne-f***ing-apolis and I can't watch the damn game! Something about a High School Hockey Tournament.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
And I'm in Minne-f***ing-apolis and I can't watch the damn game!  Something about a High School Hockey Tournament.

:huh:

They really like their hockey in Minnesota, maybe thats why :P