Official Big Ten Tourney Thread

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Thats not too bad of a class correct?  Ie they aren't getting any stars, but quite a few solid palyers.  Plus this is a team that could use some Juco help.

It looks fairly good, although not stellar. It doesn't look like the freshmen will contribute, but the JuCo's might. I suddenly can't find my usual JuCo resource, but the name Cyrus Tate sounds familiar to me, which probably means he was a solid recruit at some point and that he could be an immediate contributor.

Tate used to be a fairly solid player at Homewood Flosmoor. Apparently Johnson was a pre-season JuCo All-American.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what I see so far. Not watching National Championship-calibur basketball, but we are seeing two teams going at it pretty hard on both ends. IU is being pretty agressive on offense even when Killingsworth is not in there. That has been a problem in the past.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
I like what I see so far.  Not watching National Championship-calibur basketball, but we are seeing two teams going at it pretty hard on both ends.  IU is being pretty agressive on offense even when Killingsworth is not in there.  That has been a problem in the past.

Been some good shouting going on too. Terrence Dials is a beast though. But when you think about it, IU and OSU are similar teams with that inside out game.

Dials for OSU and Kill for IU. IU has some good outside shooters as does OSU.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
OSU needs to go inside a lot more.  I dont understand why they are not going inside and taking advantage of Killingsworth  not being in the game.

f***ING AIRBALLS...I have seen enough.

IU has pushed the pace. Players make different decisions when hurried. You see it all the time watching UAB play. They make teams do things they don't normally do. I think OSU is doing some of that today.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
If that was an Indiana player what would you be saying???

Shut up and play, it was incidental contact on a rebound.

You'd think by his reaction that Earl was out there head hunting.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
If Iowa somehow wins this tournament in Indianapolis, won't it be a given that Steve Alford will be coaching the Hoosiers next season?

I hope not, but there may be some validity there. At least the pressure to hire Alford will be turned up a lot. That's for sure.