OAK vs. CHI Mar. 7th 3:05 ET

hi8is

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
That meeting Ozzie had with them, seems to have lit a fire under them.

i didnt know ozzie could have that effect on his players

After hitting 2 home runs against the Oakland Athletics, Chicago White Sox catcher Chris Widger said, "Barry Bonds is a b**** yo! I got 'da mad skillz biiiiitch!"

We attempted to reach Barry Bonds but he was not avalible to comment. It is rumored he was away trying on Wigs in the Pink Light District of San Fransisco.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
After hitting 2 home runs against the Oakland Athletics, Chicago White Sox catcher Chris Widger said, "Barry Bonds is a b**** yo! I got 'da mad skillz biiiiitch!"

We attempted to reach Barry Bonds but he was not avalible to comment. It is rumored he was away trying on Wigs in the Pink Light District of San Fransisco.

Awesome!! :cheers

It wasn't so much a meeting as it was a warning.

As he had promised Sunday, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen gathered his players before they took the field for their morning workout Monday and let them know he wasn't thrilled with the effort shown in the first week of Cactus League games.

''Yeah, he grabbed us before the workout and pretty much said we can't think we'll just flip the switch the last week of spring,'' pitcher Mark Buehrle said. ''He told us it doesn't matter if we win games down here, but he just said that he feels like the guys aren't trying, or at least trying 100 percent. He said they're just out there going through the motions right now.''

Buehrle described Guillen's mood as ''nice Ozzie,'' but he also reported that Guillen said there would be consequences if he didn't see more life in the games.

''It wasn't him just going off and getting in people's faces,'' Buehrle said. ''He did grab our attention, especially when he said if he has to have another meeting, it's not going to be fun. He said there will be a lot of guys getting shipped out of here, and he's going to air a lot of guys out.''

Guillen's message apparently got through. Not only did the Sox beat the Colorado Rockies 4-2 later in the day, but they also played with the spirit Guillen felt was missing.

Pablo Ozuna made a diving stop at second base on a sharp grounder by Garrett Atkins to end the first inning, and Jermaine Dye scored from second base on an Ozuna single in the third.

''This is the way we should be playing,'' Guillen said afterward. ''If we lose, lose the right way.''

Pitcher Jon Garland noticed the difference.

''It definitely was up,'' Garland said. ''[Guillen] just wanted to see the intensity. That's something that's hard to get. You can't just step into a game and step it up. You've got to have it from spring training on.''

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
I think contributions by Borchard will out do anything Timo Perez ever did.  I'd like to see Joe get some work at first base

out-do timo perez?!

now you're talkin heresy