Morrison or Reddick??

Naismith Award  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Naismith Award

• [img]http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/_photos/2005-10-27-in-redick.jpg[/img]
    • [IMG]http://espn.go.com/media/insider/2005/0107/photo/a_morrison_vt.jpg[/IMG]

Everyone has their own personal opinion on this race, and here is the place to discuss it. Is Morrison the next Bird?? Will JJ Reddick be nothing more than a Steve Kerr in the NBA?? Sure, the media has done its fair share to overhype the s*** out of these two in this up and down college basketball season, but the comparisions and competition have been a good reflection for the college game.....

While the Naismith is not defined as an MVP award, considerations for such criteria should be considered. That being said, where would the Zags be without Morrison?? They'd probably be begging for an NIT birth. Reddick is a fine college player and someone an oppenent HAS to contain for a shot at victory, but I just feel that he is more of a thriving product within Duke's system. After watching thier offense over and over on tv and seeing the amount of screens they set to free up JJ, one can easily see with his shooting ability on how Duke's plan is geared for Reddick's success. I look to Morrison as a much more complete player, something he will prove in the United Center next year.

Now lets hear your take.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
Everyone has their own personal opinion on this race, and here is the place to discuss it.  Is Morrison the next Bird?? Will JJ Reddick be nothing more than a Steve Kerr in the NBA?? Sure, the media has done its fair share to overhype the s*** out of these two in this up and down college basketball season, but the comparisions and competition have been a good reflection for the college game.....

While the Naismith is not defined as an MVP award, considerations for such criteria should be considered.  That being said, where would the Zags be without Morrison?? They'd probably be begging for an NIT birth.  Reddick is a fine college player and someone an oppenent HAS to contain for a shot at victory, but I just feel that he is more of a thriving product within Duke's system.  After watching thier offense over and over on tv and seeing the amount of screens they set to free up JJ, one can easily see with his shooting ability on how Duke's plan is geared for Reddick's success.  I look to Morrison as a much more complete player, something he will prove in the United Center next year.

Now lets hear your take.

You will only see morrision prove himself two to four times next year @ the united center.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
NEITHER

Reddick can not elbow people in the nuts in the NBA, and Morrison can no longer flop and cry.

Do you watch the nba? I am not trying to sound like a dick... but you can get away with basically punching someone in the face in the nba. But then again, they like to call alot of phantom calls. Bruce bowen is known for his elbows/tripping players and has been getting away with it for years. How about dirkle and his elbows this year? Seems every other game someone is getting bashed in the head with no call on it.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
Morrison is a better complete player, and will develop in the NBA, Redick will struggle to create his own shot next year.

That is the thing... he does not need to create his own shot. He already has an nba three point shot so he will get his fair share of shot attempts. If you can shoot like he does you will stick around in the nba for a long time... especially if he goes to a team that is very pick oriented

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Do you watch the nba? I am not trying to sound like a dick... but you can get away with basically punching someone in the face in the nba. But then again, they like to call alot of phantom calls. Bruce bowen is known for his elbows/tripping players and has been getting away with it for years. How about dirkle and his elbows this year? Seems every other game someone is getting bashed in the head with no call on it.

Point taken, what I am saying is JJ is notorious for pushing and elbowing to get free, this will not be taken in the NBA. He tries that someone will kick his little ass, and i will cheer.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Who is kirk heinrich?.  I loved the choice of Kirk, but never expected he would take off like this.  He never was able to play the point because of Miles, and KU always ran.

Really wish his shooting would take off. Such a great shooter in college and in the nba he is pretty pathetic... and it is certainly not because of his lack of wide open shots. Those are actually his favorite to miss.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
Really wish his shooting would take off. Such a great shooter in college and in the nba he is pretty pathetic... and it is certainly not because of his lack of wide open shots. Those are actually his favorite to miss.

His shooting has gone up 23 percent points from last year, he is shooting well this year.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
His shooting has gone up 23 percent points from last year, he is shooting well this year.

I was going to say that as well. His shooting has steadily improved every year in the league, which is a good sign.