How do I play an hdtv file

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
Awesome works perfect.  Does this actually mean I'm getting a true high def picture on my computer?

Yes, yes it does. I watch a great majority of tv through HDTV torrent files during boring classes. The picture is just gorgeous on my laptop.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
Awesome works perfect.  Does this actually mean I'm getting a true high def picture on my computer?

What kind of file is it? Is it something that can be emailed or is it personal? Too big?

I'd love to check it out and see what it would look like on my monitor.

Most HD files run in the area of 170 MB for a 22 min clip to 328 MB for a 45 min. clip. If you have a widescreen monitor you'll be seeing a pure high-def picture. It can also be burned onto a DVD and viewed on a standard TV with amazing quality.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 06:46 AM)
Most HD files run in the area of 170 MB for a 22 min clip to 328 MB for a 45 min. clip. If you have a widescreen monitor you'll be seeing a pure high-def picture. It can also be burned onto a DVD and viewed on a standard TV with amazing quality.

Sorry, but that 328MB 45 min. clip is not HDTV. It may say "HDTV" because it was ripped from an HD source, but it is most likely some flavor of MPEG-4. A pure HD video of that length would probably be close to 6GB in size.

I will vouch for VLC however. It handles almost every codec out of the box although I have some problems with the newer Quicktime stuff.