Garland

Bighurt52235

How can you figure this guy? Lot of us are saying to package him in a trade and then he throws a gem like this!! Way to go Jon!!!

It is all mental. He gets scared and doesn't believe in his stuff way too often. Then he starts to nibble and falls behind hitters. And his stuff isn't good enough to pitch 2-0, 3-1 to hitters. He needs to be 0-1, 1-2 for his curve and sinker to be effective.

But yes Great Game Jon! :cheers

It is all mental.  He gets scared and doesn't believe in his stuff way too often.  Then he starts to nibble and falls behind hitters.  And his stuff isn't good enough to pitch 2-0, 3-1 to hitters.  He needs to be 0-1, 1-2 for his curve and sinker to be effective.

But yes Great Game Jon! :cheers

You're right. It's all mental and always has been for JG, the same could go for Dan Wright, even tho he seems to struggle with his mechanics more than anything.

CWSOX45

Wow.

Great effort by Jon.

Again this proves he has it in him.

It's up to our staff to get him to be the player this shows again he can be.

This isn't the only time he's had an excellent outing in his career.

Nice win for him.

It was about this time last season where Garland pitched that gem in Boston... After that, it looked like his composure was much better.  This could very well be that composure-building game he sorely needed!!!

...... I couldnt agree more.....

If you can keep

Colon

Buehrle

Loaiza &

Garland

together..... this team will succeed.

...... I couldnt agree more.....

If you can keep

Colon

Buehrle

Loaiza &

Garland

together..... this team will succeed.

If Buerhle comes back with a vengeance for the next 2/3 of the season

I can see Colon still getting us 20 wins......something like 20-9 over the year

The great thing about Colon is he will give you 8 or 9 innings almost every game .....and the most runs he will give up is 4 or 5 when he is not doing well....typically 0-3......which should be enough to win

Pitching, in general, has not been this team's problem. Overall, it's been decent. When things click for Garland, that he can become consistant, then he'll be a solid pitcher. He has the talent. Colon is a horse. No need to worry about him. Loaiza has been brilliant. He's been mediocre throughout his career, but maybe he just "gets it" now. I hope that's the case. As for Buehrle, he's been too good for his career for me the think that this is anything more than a rough period for him. He'll turn it around. I also believe Danny Wright is very capable of holding down a #4 or #5 slot in the rotation. Yes, we definitely need to keep these guys together.

Now, if we can only hit to our perceived capabilitites......

Garland shutting down one of the best offenses in the league.  That was unexpected.

Unexpected doesn't even begin to describe it

If Manuel were a good manager....he'd help the team use this past win against the best team in baseball for this month to gain momentum and start playing with enthusiasm. I doubt it happens.