Soprano's Sunday...

Steff

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 07:09 AM)
We are getting really close to some serious whacking going on in the family.  It will be really interesting if/when Tony finds out that he got shorted by Pauly and company.

He didn't.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 08:14 AM)
Didn't this week, or doesn't in the future?

They didn't short him this week. They gave Carm the full share of the million. I don't know about the future.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 09:16 AM)
They didn't short him this week. They gave Carm the full share of the million. I don't know about the future.

Ah. I thought they shorted her/Tony because they came in with two full shopping bags when they met up, but when Carm got the cash it was just in the one envelope.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 08:18 AM)
Ah.  I thought they shorted her/Tony because they came in with two full shopping bags when they met up, but when Carm got the cash it was just in the one envelope.

Tony get's kicked up a %. I believe it was 20%.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
Does 100K fit in an evelope that small?  In all seriousness I have no idea.

In hundreds, sure. When I worked at a bank years ago I was shocked at how small commercial deposits of $50, $60K were.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:51 AM)
No love for the 4th episode?

Damned good stuff, my favorite part was when Pauly's aunt/mom dropped the bomb on him, and then at the end he kicks the kids ass and tells him he is paying the 4K a month, which just happens to cover his "moms" nursing home.

Nice writing for Paulie. He is so angry to find out that his mom wasn't his mom, that he has anger for that kid because he heard how much his mom loved him. I've been waiting for a few seasons to see Paulie get a good storyline.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
Nice writing for Paulie. He is so angry to find out that his mom wasn't his mom, that he has anger for that kid because he heard how much his mom loved him. I've been waiting for a few seasons to see Paulie get a good storyline.

Agree. He's been needing something for a long time. Ribbie... where's the analysis..? :huh

:whip

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)

I disagree. I think paulie is a better supporting character, he has great one liners and it is more of a treat when he says some thing. Same with silvio. The only characters i like having a lot of the story is Tony and christopher (besides his movie s***). I think the rest act better in the supporting role.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
Im interested to see what path Christopher takes in this whole scenario.  With Tony wanting Chris to take over the family eventually, how will he take to Chris trying to go somewhat legit in the movie biz.

Something tells me Chrissy is going to get caught up in some terrorist thing.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
after seeing how tony was when he was leaving the hospital with janice, is anyone worried that tony might be different now? Like a kinder gentler tony?

Nah, he sure wasn't any nicer when it came to dealing with Pauly's problems... I doubt he will be any nicer if he gets wind of the backstabbings while he was sick.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Nah, he sure wasn't any nicer when it came to dealing with Pauly's problems... I doubt he will be any nicer if he gets wind of the backstabbings while he was sick.

Definately not, thats when the whackings will begin.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:51 AM)
No love for the 4th episode?

Damned good stuff, my favorite part was when Pauly's aunt/mom dropped the bomb on him, and then at the end he kicks the kids ass and tells him he is paying the 4K a month, which just happens to cover his "moms" nursing home.

Yeah that was good

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
Agree. He's been needing something for a long time. Ribbie... where's the analysis..?  :huh

:whip

Quit busting my balls...I'm busy, lady!

I thought this was one the strongest episodes of the season. I like where David Chase is headed for the arch of the year. He is obviously dealing with the "duality of man" in each of these characters. Tony's is the most obvious at getting a "second life". But I love the inclusion of Pauly into the mix, making him question his own idendity (plus him kicking a guy's ass just for being loved by his mommy)and Silvio's new, albeit brief, life as boss.

Vito's double life will come into play as will Christopher's choice to be a legit filmmaker again. Some of us feel Meadow might start taking a "Michael Corleone" path as she is the strongest offspring of the family.

I think we will see more characters, as the season progresses, confront issues and make decisions that set them on a new course in life.

This will be a season of surprises.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:16 AM)
OK, we have gotten away from the predictions part of the thread, so lets give that a whack again...

Who will be the biggest character to bite the dust this year?

Walnuts. And I like Ribbie's analysis BTW.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
I wonder where they are going to go with the terrorist angle.  The FBI guys will come back into the fold and they have to do more with them than just have them trying to get Tony.

Chris is going to get caught up in some s***. bookit

Slow episode this week... I keep waiting for some big stuff to happen, they keep setting up possibilities, but nothing is really happening yet. Especially with the middle eastern dudes approaching Chris about Tec9's, that has big problems written all over it. My favorite scene was Vito getting busted in the gay bar picking up that dude, and running into a couple of the crew doing some collections. Fun stuff. It will be interesting to see if he killed himself or not.