Soprano's Sunday...

Steff

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't kill him. If he does die, it will be at Paulie's hands, and against Tony's will. Tony said he doesn't want to leave his kids without a dad. Maybe just something else to get Paulie on the sh*tlist.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 05:07 PM)
I remember seeing that pic a couple months ago Steff.  I don't think Vito will kill himself, but he will probably get whacked.  There's at least no way he could come back into the "family".

He's on the credits until episode 9 so he must be able to hide well. :ph34r:

*Warning some of the plot is discussed below*

I thought it was a great episode that focused on two of my favorite characters (Christopher and Artie) and Benny was great too. I love how Artie gets into so much s*** and then just cries over it.

It is good to see Chris back to his old drugged up self too.

Oh and Martina was smokin hot too.

Edited by SoxPhan7

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
He obviously didn't see the episode so how about warning that you are posting spoliers or delete your post.

I thought the "some spoilers inside...enter at your own risk" was enough.

I guess i was wrong.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)
Friggin HBO or Comcast! Wasn't home to watch last night but wanted to watch it On Demand before work and as of 10:30am, it is not available yet. Gonna have to wait all day now.

I will wait until Tuesday then to offer my analysis.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
I thought the "some spoilers inside...enter at your own risk" was enough.

I guess i was wrong.

We've gone full circle from spoilers to predictions and back. Maybe you can just edit your post at the top to remind those reading it that you are about to post a spoiler. Just a courtesy.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
We've gone full circle from spoilers to predictions and back. Maybe you can just edit your post at the top to remind those reading it that you are about to post a spoiler. Just a courtesy.

I prefer to write my spoilers in invisible ink like this:

(highlight to read)

Finn's getting a visitor soon!

:D

No sweat above for spoilers. Didn't ruin anything for me. Comcast finally added it this morning. It still wasn't up ON Demand last night.

I loved when Artie knocked Vinny from Doogie Howser around. I hate that little deusche.

Poor Lauren Becall.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
WAITING for the analysis???

If everyone will take their seats...

This episode was about 'buying things' etc...This show explored the hardships of honest working people like Artie vs the luxury of easy money makers. A nice scene was Tony sitting down and receiving a paper full of cash. He decides to give it to his struggling friend to pay off his tab. Adding to the theme of the show was the whole luxury lounge giveaway and the "tailors" comparing their goods on the plane.

Plus Christopher's jealousy towards the perks of Hollywood. It was a very conscious choice by the writers to have Chris' fave Bacall movie to be, as he put it, "the haves and have nots"

The epsiode ends with Artie working (cooking) with a burnt hand (result of his frustration with Benny) on a rabbit dinner which was killed partly from his frustration with Tony. This is juxtaposed with the Italians who just whacked Rusty and are going home richer and laughin at the "weak dollar". The everyday guy vs the alpha-male type thing. It wasnt the typical show of this season (it varied slightly from the 'duality of man' theme that has run rampant), but still made a very revelant point...

Next week we get back down to business, it seems.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
I don't watch, but that doesn't seem long at all.  Was this season only like 10-12 episodes?

Yes. 12 this season and 8 next January.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 1, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
I don't watch, but that doesn't seem long at all.  Was this season only like 10-12 episodes?

But they are an hour long with no commercials so its more like 24 episodes.

GREAT EPISODE

so many great scenes,

-I love where Tony picks up AJ from jail, puts his ass up against the truck, and then basically calls him a wuss while yelling at him.

-Vito attacking "Johnny Cakes" after kissing him, and then making up with him later on.

-Tony wimping out on cheating again with the real estate lady.

-AJ feeling more and more like he is getting into the family business.

Good stuff.