White Sox Acquire Infielder Alex Cintron

OfficerKarkovice

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
Do the Rockies?  They have a few lefty relievers to spare.

They have Barmes, Quintanilla, Wilson, Carroll, Gonzalez.

Barmes and Gonzalez look to be the only decent ones, so I would say yes.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
The AZ boards seem to think another trade is coming.

this certianly smells like the precusor to another trade, we'll see what happens, but it wouldn't be surprising.

i would say Ozuna would be the most likely to be shipped off, and knowing what kind of gambler KW is, if someone offers him something rediculous for Iguchi I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. he is in the last year of his contract, no? you know his agent isn't going to settle for $5mil. on his next contract.

who in the world of baseball could we NOT get for a Contreras/Iguchi package?

obviously not a very likely scenario, but you have to like that Kenny has stockpiled some very tradeable talent, and has the right replacements waiting in the wings.

QUOTE(Fingish @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:32 AM)
this certianly smells like the precusor to another trade, we'll see what happens, but it wouldn't be surprising.

i would say Ozuna would be the most likely to be shipped off, and knowing what kind of gambler KW is, if someone offers him something rediculous for Iguchi I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.  he is in the last year of his contract, no?  you know his agent isn't going to settle for $5mil. on his next contract.

obviously not a very likely scenario, but you have to like that Kenny has stockpiled some very tradeable talent, and has the right replacements waiting in the wings.

Iguchi is going nowhere, he has a $3.25M team option for next year and is one of the most productive 2B in all of baseball.

QUOTE(Fingish @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)

Albert Pujols, Johan Santana, Miguel Cabrera, Felix Hernandez, Alex Rodriguez, David Ortiz, Miguel Tejada... should I go on?

Solid trade. My dbacks fan friend was always really high on Cintron, and he felt the dbacks really screwed up his progression and he felt they were stupid for looking to trade him and what not.

I was really rooting for Bajenaru to make it here, but hopefully he'll finally get a chance with the dbacks. Their bullpen is like 3945years old collectively, they'll have to have room for him!!

Best of luck Jeff!

Edited by GarlandFan20

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
Albert Pujols, Johan Santana, Miguel Cabrera, Felix Hernandez, Alex Rodriguez, David Ortiz, Miguel Tejada... should I go on?

no, please dont.

Who else needs a midle infielder? Pads perhaps, mariners?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Now im pretty sure Borchard gets the last spot who I was rooting for anyways over Gload.

I think Gload will get it. Think about it. If Thome is DHing and Konerko is playing first, who's the late inning defensive replacement at first base if needed?

Gload > Mackowiak.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
I think Gload will get it. Think about it. If Thome is DHing and Konerko is playing first, who's the late inning defensive replacement at first base if needed?

Gload > Mackowiak.

Yes, lets let a guy make the team base on something that may happen once all season. Good idea. Or we could take a player who could actually fill in once in a series and play good defense at a position where he is needed.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)
Yes, lets let a guy make the team base on something that may happen once all season.  Good idea.  Or we could take a player who could actually fill in once in a series and play good defense at a position where he is needed.

That's what Ozuna, Mackowiak and Cintron will be doing...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)
I think they have too many.

Neifi Perez, Ronnie Cedeno and Todd Walker.

Perez blows ass, Cedeno is a rookie and Todd Walker will probably be gone by the start of the season or atleast that's what they keep saying.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
Why?  I don't see the point in giving Ozuna a roster spot.

Lets see....he's the fastest player on the team, is a good situational hitter, can bunt, and is well-liked in the clubhouse. Yep.....seems like there's no spot for him.

As the assumed President of the Jeff Bajenaru fan club, I hate to see him go. He has been an awesome guy who has done everything asked of him at Soxtalk and more. He did chats, interviews, and answered every question ever asked of him through PMs, email, and even the ones he saw posted. I hate to see the kid go.

But that being said, this is an excellent trade for both Jeff and the Sox. It has been obvious that Jeff wasn't what the Sox wanted, and I am estatic to see the kid get his break. He should have a real shot at a bullpen job down there, and we get back in Alex Cintron a kid who could be a starter at 3B, SS, or 2B by his offensive numbers, to give us excellent depth, and a great insurance policy if injuries crop up.

Kudos to Kenny, and best of luck to Jeff. The Sox are losing another class act.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
And Borchard. Gload only plays one position, and its already taken care of.  He is worthless to this team.

Actually, he can play right field and first.

Who's the better choice for back-up firstbaseman?

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
Actually, he can play right field and first.

Who's the better choice for back-up firstbaseman?

Actually he cant play right field, and if they put him out there, he is a butcher with no arm. He only plays one position.