White Sox Acquire Infielder Alex Cintron

OfficerKarkovice

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
But 3/4th's of the posts on here are made by one of my personalities. 

Safely I can say I do my best to report what I know and aside from bad grammar, I'm pretty accurate.

I'm just playing around.

Keep doing what your doing. This website and yourself are both a complete success. You'll make it big, there isn't a doubt in my mind.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
I'm really not sure "Troublespot" defines our bullpen, especially given how much work we expect the starters to get this year.  If the Sox have a "troublespot" it's the bullpen, but I can think of probably 28-29 teams that would like to have a troublespot like the one we have.

I think the bullpen is set, and looks good. Lopez has been nothing short of impressive this ST.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
I think the bullpen is set, and looks good.  Lopez has been nothing short of impressive this ST.

Walker was impressive at this point last spring training, he had allowed 2 hits in 7 1/3 innings over 6 appearances before getting lit up. Lopez' ERA was over 11.00 last season. I think KW needs to find an average lefty or a good righty.

Edited by Dick Allen

I suppose after Baj's bad first outing in ST the writing was probably on the wall for him.

I hope he suceeds in Arizona. It's a good situation for him out there, and hopefully he can produce like he's done for Charlotte.

Now as for Cintron, he's overpaid at $1,600,000, but I suppose we can live with that.

But don't forget he can produce as well. Splits of .317/.359/.489 in 2003, showed that. And he's a guy who won't strike out a ton either with good plate discipline with a 138/84 K/BB ratio in 1424 AB's.

He hit around .317/.368/.460 in the Puerto Rican League during the off-season as well.

BOOOOOO! BAD TRADE! BAJ WAS GOING TO BE OUR NEXT GREAT SET-UP MAN! THIS WAS HIS YEAR!!

In reality, it is a good trade but puzzling at the same time. Was this trade necessary? Do we need another utility man? Could we afford to give up a decent bullpen guy? We'll see.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
BOOOOOO! BAD TRADE! BAJ WAS GOING TO BE OUR NEXT GREAT SET-UP MAN! THIS WAS HIS YEAR!!

In reality, it is a good trade but puzzling at the same time. Was this trade necessary? Do we need another utility man? Could we afford to give up a decent bullpen guy? We'll see.

On the radio, they're saying that Ozzie wanted another utility infielder so Mackowiak can be mostly a reserve outfielder. Makes sense to me.

Thanks for pissing away another thread guys. We really needed eight more pages to know that RnW is a [gasp] Red Sox fan. Could you guys try one favor? Could you actually argue the content of his posts instead of pointing out that he is [cliffhanger] a bigger Red Sox fan than White? We get it, now what is the point of stalking every post he makes with that? It gets old.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Thanks for pissing away another thread guys.  We really needed eight more pages to know that RnW is a [gasp] Red Sox fan.  Could you guys try one favor?  Could you actually argue the content of his posts instead of pointing out that he is [cliffhanger] a bigger Red Sox fan than White?  We get it, now what is the point of stalking every post he makes with that?  It gets old.

I thought you would complain more about us ragging on Baj.... :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
Thanks for pissing away another thread guys.  We really needed eight more pages to know that RnW is a [gasp] Red Sox fan.  Could you guys try one favor?  Could you actually argue the content of his posts instead of pointing out that he is [cliffhanger] a bigger Red Sox fan than White?  We get it, now what is the point of stalking every post he makes with that?  It gets old.

Thank you. :notworthy

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)

Decent? What's he shown in his time (all be it a short time) that he's decent?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)

I'll ask this....this thread has absolutely nothing to do with his Red Sox. We're all talking about the trade, and everyone is saying how much they like the trade because either a) Cintron is a very solid utility player or B) the great Baj is gone. Then, redandwhite comes into the thread, and basically rips it to shreds saying how he makes too much money, has a low OPS, how the Marlins would have traded for him, etc. It's funny, but I never thought I would be accused to causing trouble by sticking up for the White Sox. As much as their was whiny b****ing going on between myself, redandwhite, and rock, we still managed to discuss in details various aspects of this trade, etc. Considering that Jason was in the middle of this discussion talking about the trade, I thought things were resolved at the end.

On the radio, they're saying that Ozzie wanted another utility infielder so Mackowiak can be mostly a reserve outfielder.  Makes sense to me.

That makes some sense. Mackowiak has even said himself that he is most comfortable in RF and then CF next. I do think that Javier Lopez is going to make the roster. But maybe KW is going to swing a trade for another righty reliever and Borchard isn't going to make the roster afterall? Hell, maybe Borchard will even be in the trade? :huh

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
I'll ask this....this thread has absolutely nothing to do with his Red Sox.  We're all talking about the trade, and everyone is saying how much they like the trade because either a) Cintron is a very solid utility player  or B) the great Baj is gone.  Then, redandwhite comes into the thread, and basically rips it to shreds saying how he makes too much money, has a low OPS, how the Marlins would have traded for him, etc.    It's funny, but I never thought I would be accused to causing trouble by sticking up for the White Sox.  As much as their was whiny b****ing going on between myself, redandwhite, and rock, we still managed to discuss in details various aspects of this trade, etc.  Considering that Jason was in the middle of this discussion talking about the trade, I thought things were resolved at the end.

And if you go back and read the thread, he never once brought up or mentioned a Red Sox player first, and repeatedly tried to steer the conversation back to this particular deal. I got to see his fandom, Alex Gonzalez, and Manny Ramirez all mentioned off of the top of my head by other people who weren't RnW. Stick up for the White Sox all you want, but what the kid thought of Alex Gonzalez meant nothing to what he thought of the deal. It would be like me following around RockRaines and mentioning Charles Macon and Maurice Clarett as failed OSU Buckeyes everytime he posted about the White Sox. One has nothing to do with the other, and doing so would ruin just about every thread it got posted in. This thread was about the Baj/Cintron deal, and that is exactly what RnW posted about. He didn't like the deal why most everyone did, and instantly someone had to mention the Red Sox, then we got 8 pages of crap with an occasional nugget of good conversation mixed in.

Maybe the problems between everyone got resolved at the end, but the point I am making bore mentioning in my opinion as an admin. Just because the kid is a Red Sox fan, doesn't mean every single thread he posts in where he disagrees with somone, they have to mention the Red Sox to validate their arguement. It makes for terrible threads. Maybe now RnW can post without someone mentioning the Red Sox, or WhiteSoxJosh can post without someone mentioning Kyle Orton.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
I just got home from work but I am loving this trade. What's the whole consensus on soxtalk about this deal? I cant go through 26 pages on this thread.

Everyone but one person has had good things to say about it. Even the Baj supporters think it's a good move, and the radio reports state Cintron will be a utility outfielder, and Mackowiak will be in the outfield.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
And if you go back and read the thread, he never once brought up or mentioned a Red Sox player first, and repeatedly tried to steer the conversation back to this particular deal.  I got to see his fandom, Alex Gonzalez, and Manny Ramirez all mentioned off of the top of my head by other people who weren't RnW.  Stick up for the White Sox all you want, but what the kid thought of Alex Gonzalez meant nothing to what he thought of the deal.  It would be like me following around RockRaines and mentioning Charles Macon and Maurice Clarett as failed OSU Buckeyes everytime he posted about the White Sox.  One has nothing to do with the other, and doing so would ruin just about every thread it got posted in.  This thread was about the Baj/Cintron deal, and that is exactly what RnW posted about.  He didn't like the deal why most everyone did, and instantly someone had to mention the Red Sox, then we got 8 pages of crap with an occasional nugget of good conversation mixed in. 

Maybe the problems between everyone got resolved at the end, but the point I am making bore mentioning in my opinion as an admin.  Just because the kid is a Red Sox fan, doesn't mean every single thread he posts in where he disagrees with somone, they have to mention the Red Sox to validate their arguement.  It makes for terrible threads.  Maybe now RnW can post without someone mentioning the Red Sox, or WhiteSoxJosh can post without someone mentioning Kyle Orton.

[Green] :rolly [Green]

QUOTE(bulokis @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
I just got home from work but I am loving this trade. What's the whole consensus on soxtalk about this deal? I cant go through 26 pages on this thread.

We have come to a consensus that RedandWhite likes both the Red Sox and the White Sox.... :)

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Decent?  What's he shown in his time (all be it a short time) that he's decent?

He's been nothing less than spectacular in his last 2 years of minor league work, and he's never really had a bad year.

Please save the "minor leagues are meaningless" responses -- yeah, okay. Some of us'll take that over about 10 innings in the bigs.

Cintron can't hurt, but when we're trading away a guy w/ a good history b/c we have Javier Lopez (with a much longer record of major league ineptitude) looking good in a few innings of spring training, it concerns me a bit, yeah.