Preseason Baseball-White Sox v. Angels Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
Is this Broadway's usual stuff? If it is, he was a wasted pick. He is going to get killed in the majors with that stuff. a righty can't get by with an 88 mph fastball in the majors, unless he changes speeds a lot and has really good junk.(breaking balls, changeup) I haven't seen any junk, so maybe he was picked for trade bait.

Kenny, what intrigued you about this guy that made you pick him in the first round? He looks like a AAAA guy to me.

His fastball is usually around 90-92. Atleast that's what I hear. He's supposed to have a really good curveball as well. I wouldn't get too exicted over this performance. He's obviously not ready for major league hitters.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
His fastball is usually around 90-92.  Atleast that's what I hear.  He's supposed to have a really good curveball as well.  I wouldn't get too exicted over this performance.  He's obviously not ready for major league hitters.

His fastball's in the 87-88 range typically.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
His curveball is supposedly a plus pitch though.  Its all about location, and then using that pitch to offset his fastball.

Exactly. However, when he doesn't have command of his fastball, he's going to have problems. It's way too early to write him off.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
Exactly.  However, when he doesn't have command of his fastball, he's going to have problems.  It's way too early to write him off.

I think many people on here are caught in fantasy world. There are basically no prospects that will be major league quality after less than a full season in the minors.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
I think many people on here are caught in fantasy world.  There are basically no prospects that will be major league quality after less than a full season in the minors.

That is true... but he is suppose to run through the minors very quickly.