Bad Day

LowerCaseRepublican

Having a really bad day and figured we'd all been there -- and misery loves company.

Student teaching isn't bringing me down -- I love teaching, love the kids...it is just the paperwork for my minor. We have 22 state standards to discuss. We must give 3 examples of how we've met the standard in a portfolio. Accompanying each example is a 1 page assignment saying how the example meets the standard. That's 66 pages of example explanations.

Then we get to write multiple philosophy statements, reflections on our teaching and a few other things to up it to 90+ pages. Due at the end of the month.

I've also gotta write out formal lesson plans from Feb. 20 to today (I have very informal ones that I use to teach and they're effective -- but my supervisor wants all these huge and detailed ones which are a huge pain in the ass to make)

Plus, I gotta get ready for this test on Friday...and get ready for my 2nd placement in Mahomet. Not to mention job applications, writing my monthly column for the paper and finishing up other paperwork to appease the University for my minor.

Anybody having a rough day? (well, with this UIUC paperwork, it is going to be moreorless a rough month.

My grandma had a massive stroke, is brain dead and against her wishes my uncle had her put on life support.

I then got a ticket for allegedly running a stop sign.

Worst 24 hours ever.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
My grandma had a massive stroke, is brain dead and against her wishes my uncle had her put on life support.

I then got a ticket for allegedly running a stop sign.

Worst 24 hours ever.

:(

Soxy hang in there.

I have you beat... I just found out two days ago I need to have surgury for my Crohns... They have to take my diseased intestine and sow the healthy parts together... Ohh and to make things cheerier I found out one of my best friends is dying of cancer... It's spread to far for them to do anything about it...

Fun Fun...

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
I have you beat... I just found out two days ago I need to have surgury for my Crohns... They have to take my diseased intestine and sow the healthy parts together... Ohh and to make things cheerier I found out one of my best friends is dying of cancer... It's spread to far for them to do anything about it...

Fun Fun...

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. If there's anything I can do to help, PM me and let me know.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)

Fun Fun...

Wow. Prayers and best wishes for the both of you. That's an incredible amount of stress that young...