Bulls Pistons Game Thread.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Bulls fans definately have a bitter/sweet relationship with that guy.

I definitely realize he was a huge part of getting us in the game down the stretch but holy hell that was simply dumb as f***.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
If he wasn't on fire this game the Bulls would have never been in a position to win. Everybody's boy Hinrich got away with an obvious carry right before Ben threw it away.

That does not make it ok to throw the stupidest pass of the entire game.

Ben was one of the main reasons this team got to that point, but at the same time there is no doubt in my mind that he should be dealt with someone else or one of our picks and someone else for a big time shooting guard or low post player.

Yet another night where the Bulls played great while losing. By far I think they are one of the better teams in the east, they just fail to finish. Noc has been playing amazing as of late.

Wow he makes one bad play and a course he becomes Wharris whipping boy.... Ben Gordon was the reason this game was close and after a slow start he has been flat out awesome.......

Chandler gets so much love for 10 rebounds but Gordon can score 28-30 points a night and people at soxtalk will still rip him.... he has become the knew Eddy Curry for soxtalk I guess.

Is it ok for me to say Ben Gordon would actually be an ok fit for the Magic considering the alternatives (DeShawn "I can't hit a layup to save my life" Stevenson)?

I suppose at least with him, you don't rely on him to put up numbers in rebounding etc. like you do with Eddy Curry which is why Bulls fans hated him so much.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
Is it ok for me to say Ben Gordon would actually be an ok fit for the Magic considering the alternatives (DeShawn "I can't hit a layup to save my life" Stevenson)?

I suppose at least with him, you don't rely on him to put up numbers in rebounding etc. like you do with Eddy Curry which is why Bulls fans hated him so much.

Howard for Gordon? I'd do that.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
Wow he makes one bad play and a course he becomes Wharris whipping boy

Can you read?

I gave him credit for getting us back in the game and carrying us in the 4th. But I guess I should be like all the other Ben jock riders and give him some sort of free pass for throwing the ball to the other team with 10 seconds left in a 1 point game.

Having a good game is not just a permission slip to literally throw away the game in the closing seconds. This has nothing to do with disliking Ben. If Tyson threw the ball away, I could call him an idiot, Hinrich same, Benny the Bulls...same. I do not care who the hell does something that stupid, they don't get a free pass.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
Can you read?

I gave him credit for getting us back in the game and carrying us in the 4th.  But I guess I should be like all the other Ben jock riders and give him some sort of free pass for throwing the ball to the other team with 10 seconds left in a 1 point game.

I gave ben gordon this link on aim... :bang

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 05:48 AM)
Can you read?

I gave him credit for getting us back in the game and carrying us in the 4th.  But I guess I should be like all the other Ben jock riders and give him some sort of free pass for throwing the ball to the other team with 10 seconds left in a 1 point game.

Having a good game is not just a permission slip to literally throw away the game in the closing seconds.  This has nothing to do with disliking Ben.  If Tyson threw the ball away, I could call him an idiot, Hinrich same, Benny the Bulls...same.  I do not care who the hell does something that stupid, they don't get a free pass.

Please show me where all the Ben Gordon jock riders are.... you, hammer, qwerty, chisxfan.... majority of people do nothing but rip on him endlessly here.... its crazy how little props Gordon gets here compared to other places... and yes you gave him a little credit but you basicly pinned the loss all on him too and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt even of been in the situation to begin with.

When a guy has a great game overall but messes up once I usually look the other way because without him it wouldnt of even been a game in the first place...

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
Please show me where all the Ben Gordon jock riders are.... you, hammer, qwerty, chisxfan.... majority of people do nothing but rip on him endlessly here.... its crazy how little props Gordon gets here compared to other places... and yes you gave him a little credit but you basicly pinned the loss all on him too and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt even of been in the situation to begin with.

When a guy has a great game overall but messes up once I usually look the other way because without him it wouldnt of even been a game in the first place...

I'm very fair with Gordon. I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a scorer. Problem is he's a scorer who doesn't a tweener which means he's best suited as a 6 man scoring machine (ala Bobby Jackson in the Kings hayday's).

Gordon is not the answer at the 2 spot, therefor he should be packaged. Why should it be Gordon. Deng has a great future at the SF spot. Hinrich probably should have made the Olympic tryout roster over Ridnour and he's one of the better PG's in the league both offensively and defensively.

Chandler is one of the few guys we have that is tall and while he can't score he can defend and get offensive and defensive boards. Plus his contract is an issue for a team that would want to acquire him.

Ben Gordon comes up because he's pretty much s*** out of luck. If the Bulls want to go anywhere we need a legit 2 guard (Gordon can't do that nor can he play the point) and we need a legit low post scorer (obviously Gordon can't do that).

Therefor, Gordon is the odd man out. I've given Gordon a lot of credit, but at the same time I'm not shy to rip the s*** out of him. If he's not scoring and shooting at a high % he's worthless cause he has no other assets.

Its just like when Chandler was getting zero minutes and doing nothing defensively or on the glass I was ripping the crap out of him. However if he's a defensive force and a force on the boards thats just fine. Especially since he's our last option.

I'd also go out on a limb and say the reason you see Gordon get less credit is because we aren't the normal fan. Sure a flashy move is nice, but we all tend to look at the overall ability of a player and not just the sexy aspect of a player (ie whether they can score). There is a lot more to the game of basketball than scoring.

no doubt defense and other things have to be taken into account.... but something a lot of people seem to forget here is scoring is definitely more important than anything else in basketball.... It seems on this message board we overate defense in every sport.

Defense is important but people have to remember offense is more important. :banghead