Mango Habanero Wings

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Depends.  Where did you find these "wonderful flavored wings" where you are from?

Buffalo Wild Wings - several in the Chicago Area - we went to the one in Elmhurst - Awesome!!!!!

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Buffalo Wild Wings - several in the Chicago Area - we went to the one in Elmhurst - Awesome!!!!!

Gross, B-dubs is overrated in the wing category. You want really great wings in chicago. Birds Nest on southport has bar none the best tasting wings ive ever had.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Gross, B-dubs is overrated in the wing category.  You want really great wings in chicago.  Birds Nest on southport has bar none the best tasting wings ive ever had.

I agree. My co-workers used to drag me into that place to get boneless wings on Thursdays. Absolutely disgusting, its like eating 95 percent bread with 5 percent meat, and all of their sauces taste the same. Disgusting.

As for getting wings, I make my own. I havent really found any resteraunt that has blown me away, and I can make wings that taste just the same, whats the point in spending the extra money.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
I agree.  My co-workers used to drag me into that place to get boneless wings on Thursdays.  Absolutely disgusting, its like eating 95 percent bread with 5 percent meat, and all of their sauces taste the same.  Disgusting. 

As for getting wings, I make my own.  I havent really found any resteraunt that has blown me away, and I can make wings that taste just the same, whats the point in spending the extra money.

I'm not a wing expert(like Rock who is an expert on everything) but we had a great time - the place is fun and the sauces are interesting.

The mango habanero was good - would be a fun spot to watch sports events - the joint was hopping. Not gourmet food but a fun place.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
I'm not a wing expert(like Rock who is an expert on everything) but we had a great time - the place is fun and the sauces are interesting. 

The mango habanero was good - would be a fun spot to watch sports events - the joint was hopping.  Not gourmet food but a fun place.

Whats the problem here? Im entitled to my opinion dude.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
Gross, B-dubs is overrated in the wing category.  You want really great wings in chicago.  Birds Nest on southport has bar none the best tasting wings ive ever had.

have you ever been to 'wing fest'

it's been really crowded in past years but all the top wing chefs are there to do battle to see who has the best!!

Edited by mr_genius

I'm not exactly a wing expert, but I personally like BWW. Their wings are actually hot, which is more than I can say for a lot of places. Most of their milder sauces are less than impressive, but I like the ones that are "hot" and higher. The regular wings are a little light on the meat, but the boneless wings are decent, and if you go on Wednesdays the legs are awesome. It's definitely better than Hooters. Even their hottest sauce is a little milder than I'd like.

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
Hooters has the best wings. They could be served by fat men in spedos and i would still go for the wings, but slightly less often.

Are you serious? Hooters has the worst wings ever, they're poison. I've only been there twice and I'll never go again.

By the way, fat men is speedos would be an upgrade compared to the cheesy trash I've seen working there.

BW3 has good wings and Leona's aren't too bad either.

I prefer BWW Chicken Strips over their wings, and I almost always get the Hot sauce. I tried the blazin' before, and of course it was f***ing hot, but it didn't have a good taste to it which made it difficult to handle them.

Back at school my roommates and I used to always get Joe's Brewery's wings.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Are you serious?  Hooters has the worst wings ever, they're poison.  I've only been there twice and I'll never go again.

By the way, fat men is speedos would be an upgrade compared to the cheesy trash I've seen working there.   

BW3 has good wings and Leona's aren't too bad either.

i agree with you, hooters is one of the last places I'll ever go for wings.

I really lie BW3's boneless wings. The hot sauce is really spicy, but has a good taste to it as well.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
Ah, damn I forgot that one.  I think you win, although I know you would like Birdsnest.

This is good...I've been wondering where the good places to go are here in the city. There were a couple of places I started getting into when I was going to school in Florida, but I really haven't gone looking here, and I want something other than bw 3 and hooters.

More suggestions would be appreciated, North or South Side.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
This is good...I've been wondering where the good places to go are here in the city.  There were a couple of places I started getting into when I was going to school in Florida, but I really haven't gone looking here, and I want something other than bw 3 and hooters.

More suggestions would be appreciated, North or South Side.

I was just at the birds nest on southport tonight, and the wings were awesome. I split an order of 50 with my buddy, 25 hot 25 BBQ. They were awesome as usual. Also kinkaides on armitage is good as well, surprisingly. There are many good spots in the city.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
I was just at the birds nest on southport tonight, and the wings were awesome.  I split an order of 50 with my buddy, 25 hot 25 BBQ.  They were awesome as usual.  Also kinkaides on armitage is good as well, surprisingly.  There are many good spots in the city.

Ok, not too far from DePaul I think.

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)
i agree with you, hooters is one of the last places I'll ever go for wings.

I really lie BW3's boneless wings.  The hot sauce is really spicy, but has a good taste to it as well.

Yep, that's the key, the sauce has to be GOOD, not just hot. A lot of places have lava temperature wings and what's the point? All you feel is the stinging pain, with no flavor.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
Yep, that's the key, the sauce has to be GOOD, not just hot.  A lot of places have lava temperature wings and what's the point?  All you feel is the stinging pain, with no flavor.

i kind of enjoy suffering through my BW3 meal, :lol:

Hooters had the mildest wings I've ever had.