Official World Baseball Classic Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of funny that Willie has been so accomodating to the Red Sox wishes of playing in the outfield and the dreaded short stop position which he refused to give a try with the White Sox.

Still, I love a guy like this:

"He had me down 0-2, [and] I thought he was going to throw me a curveball," Harris said. "[but] he mixed it up with another fastball for a ball [to make the count 1-2]. Then he came back with another curveball in the dirt, [running the count to] 2-2. And now I'm thinking, 'You know, he doesn't want to go 3-2 on me, because he doesn't want to take a chance to walk me.' So right now in my mind, I'm getting ready to hit, right here. He's throwing 98 miles an hour, so you better get ready. got a pitch that I could handle, and I got good wood on it. It was outstanding. Outstanding."

What channel is the Italy game on?

On a sidenote, that 8th inning was a joke. Two major league hitters went swinging at garbage in between a pair of walks.

Utley hammered that, what a nice catch. Still, USA better rebound against South Africa.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
What channel is this game?  If its on dpeortes  ,  do we get deportes on in chicago for Comcast?  :huh

Not on TV 'til 10:30.

(This is one reason the WBC should have been on a different time or a different TV station, to avoid conflicts with College Basketall in a month in which it traditionally dominates.)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
What channel is the Italy game on? 

On a sidenote, that 8th inning was a joke.  Two major league hitters went swinging at garbage in between a pair of walks. 

Utley hammered that, what a nice catch.  Still, USA better rebound against South Africa.

Italy is on ESPN at 10:30 tonight I believe.

And even if they do rebound against South Africa(Who sadly actually came closer to beating Canada than we did), do we still advance? I'm guessing it would be a three way tie.