Sox @ KC 04/09

BigSqwert

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 10:30 AM)
huh, maybe i'll go to a game in KC before i leave...i've never been there before and its only 2 hours away

You should go, they've got cheap ticket prices and nobody goes so you can get seats about where ever you want.

I'm there tomorrow night, nine rows behind our dugout. Can't wait (hopefully it won't rain).

Will be wearing a Sox jersey (either gray or black) if anybody sees me (you should see me on TV when the batters come to the plate. No I won't have my cell phone and wave like a jackass).

BTW it's beautiful here right now--about 79, compared to chilly Chicago.

BTW when I searched for tix on the KC site it said it was sold out. Then I went to the White Sox site and for some reason was able to score awesome seats. Hmm. Maybe there's a set-aside for out of town fans, who knows?

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Edited by LVSoxFan

No I won't have my cell phone and wave like a jackass).

Great line, LV. I laughed at that. It reminded me how much I hate those dorks doing that on camera. In contrast on the centerfield shot of game on WGN the other day there was a guy in a white shirt with sunglasses sitting next to a woman with a Sox hat on and they didn't move or say a word. It was kind of funny. I'm sure they are good fans but that game had them comatose.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 04:04 AM)
No I won't have my cell phone and wave like a jackass).

Great line, LV. I laughed at that. It reminded me how much I hate those dorks doing that on camera. In contrast on the centerfield shot of game on WGN the other day there was a guy in a white shirt with sunglasses sitting next to a woman with a Sox hat on and they didn't move or say a word. It was kind of funny. I'm sure they are good fans but that game had them comatose.

you know i thought i was above that jackassery, then at a sox game my little sister was on the big screen and some ghoul-like force took over me and forced me to jump into the frame...terrible.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
you know i thought i was above that jackassery, then at a sox game my little sister was on the big screen and some ghoul-like force took over me and forced me to jump into the frame...terrible.

LOL. Well the whole idea of the big screen at the Cell is to try and get on it, so I wouldn't consider that jackassery.

But Sweet Lord, those people on their cells waving at the camera in the background? They should be awarded express one-way tickets to Abu Ghraib. God do I hate that.

You ever see some news broadcast where they have a "street level" studio with windows? And sometimes there'll be just one person standing there, looking like a chump, staring back through the window, fascinated with his non-claim-to-fame that he's in the shot. And he inevitably will do what any moron would do: start waving.

Hey! Look at me! I'm on teeeveee!

Pfft.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
LOL.  Well the whole idea of the big screen at the Cell is to try and get on it, so I wouldn't consider that jackassery.

But Sweet Lord, those people on their cells waving at the camera in the background?  They should be awarded express one-way tickets to Abu Ghraib.  God do I hate that.

You ever see some news broadcast where they have a "street level" studio with windows?  And sometimes there'll be just one person standing there, looking like a chump, staring back through the window, fascinated with his non-claim-to-fame that he's in the shot.  And he inevitably will do what any moron would do: start waving.

Hey!  Look at me!  I'm on teeeveee!

Pfft.

there's nothing funnier/stupider than those who are in a seat that has them in the shot the entire game, and they never stop waving and talking on their phone.