kill kill kill them M's

hi8is

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawk mentioning the fantastic spring Pablo had last year to earn himself the last roster spot. If I heard him correctly, Pablo even lead the entire Cactus League in hitting.

It seems some folks are so quick to cast Pablo aside with the acquisition of Cintron that they've forgotten how valuable a guy like Pablo is. He went above and beyond the call of duty last year as a non-roster invitee and looks to provide some speed and versatility off the bench this year.

Having both Ozuna and Cintron makes an above-average bench even better. As Kenny said, "he got greedy." This is one of the deeper benches in recent memory. If this team can stay healthy and avoid the injury-bug as well as last season, they are primed for some pretty amazing things.

for the sox almanza is pitching and is looking good... 2 quick outs and then 0 - 2 on a lefty... his pitches look good... fastball with movement wreached 93 mph... plus looking slider, and a bitting curve or change up that also had a lot of movement.... just K'd someone on a sick fastball

i like this guy, it seems like it will be between him and lopez for the second lefty job.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
It seems some folks are so quick to cast Pablo aside with the acquisition of Cintron that they've forgotten how valuable a guy like Pablo is.  He went above and beyond the call of duty last year as a non-roster invitee and looks to provide some speed and versatility off the bench this year.

I'm guessing that I'm in the "they" category.

Like I've said, Ozuna's only real asset now is his speed. I'm fine with taking him along for the playoff ride, as he'd be the fastest guy off the bench.

But that's all he brings to the table, at this point. Can't hit well, and he's behind a backup at every position. 3B = Mack. SS = Cintron. 2B = Cintron. OF = Mack + Borch/Gload.

Over the course of the season, I'd think that having Borchard's ability to play all three OF spots or Gload's stick would have a bigger impact on the team than a SB from Ozuna here and there. JMO.

Off to work then the Hawks game -- cya folks, go Sox.

Almanzar and Reynoso both saying, "what about us?"

Almanzar with a 1-2-3 inning and Reynoso was impressive getting out of a jam.

Before spring training, I had Reynoso pegged as the second lefty, but was told he had a control problem. Anyone out there to verify that? Rex? Rich?

He seems to have a live enough arm, but, if it's control that's the problem, that's another story. There's no room for a new left-hander that likes putting the first man on via BB.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
I'm guessing that I'm in the "they" category.

Like I've said, Ozuna's only real asset now is his speed.  I'm fine with taking him along for the playoff ride, as he'd be the fastest guy off the bench.

But that's all he brings to the table, at this point.  Can't hit well, and he's behind a backup at every position.  3B = Mack.  SS = Cintron.  2B = Cintron.  OF = Mack + Borch/Gload.

Over the course of the season, I'd think that having Borchard's ability to play all three OF spots or Gload's stick would have a bigger impact on the team than a SB from Ozuna here and there.  JMO.

Off to work then the Hawks game -- cya folks, go Sox.

Ozuna is the backup at second, not Cintron. Ozuna is probably the backup at third too if Mack is going to be mainly in the outfield.