A funny thing happened to me...

Kyyle23

This morning I decided to call the local post office from my former address to find out why I havent recieved mail for about a week and a half after I moved. So I called 411 directory assistance, a nice lady answers and asks "City and Listing?", I say "Rolling Meadows, IL, and US Postal office", a computerized click and a number is repeated to me"1-800-275-2777". I hang up the phone, and call the number.

A recorded womans voice answers "Thank you for choosing Pilgrim Telephone. Pilgrim advertising will be heard after the recording. " a small click "Are you feeling horny?" *click*, I hang up the phone.

Laughing to myself, I call 411 again, thinking I just misheard the recording and dialed the wrong 800 number by mistake. Same rigamarole, and the recording comes up again "The number is 1-800-275-2777". WTF? So I hang up and call 411 one more time, and this time before I could get to the automated voice telling me the number for my listing, I tell the lady on the phone what had just happened to me. She tells me that I have to talk to her supervisor so she can report the incident, I say ok and she transfers my call. The phone rings about 15 times before I hang up, and I call 411 AGAIN and this time, the recording answers "The number is 1-800-275-8777"

I wonder how many people were wrongly given a number for phone sex?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
This morning I decided to call the local post office from my former address to find out why I havent recieved mail for about a week and a half after I moved.  So I called 411 directory assistance, a nice lady answers and asks "City and Listing?", I say "Rolling Meadows, IL, and US Postal office", a computerized click and a number is repeated to me"1-800-275-2777".  I hang up the phone, and call the number.

A recorded womans voice answers "Thank you for choosing Pilgrim Telephone.  Pilgrim advertising will be heard after the recording. "  a small click "Are you feeling horny?" *click*, I hang up the phone. 

Laughing to myself, I call 411 again, thinking I just misheard the recording and dialed the wrong 800 number by mistake.  Same rigamarole, and the recording comes up again "The number is 1-800-275-2777".  WTF?  So I hang up and call 411 one more time, and this time before I could get to the automated voice telling me the number for my listing, I tell the lady on the phone what had just happened to me.  She tells me that I have to talk to her supervisor so she can report the incident, I say ok and she transfers my call.  The phone rings about 15 times before I hang up, and I call 411 AGAIN and this time, the recording answers "The number is 1-800-275-8777"

Since you hung up, I take it you weren't feeling horny?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
This morning I decided to call the local post office from my former address to find out why I havent recieved mail for about a week and a half after I moved.  So I called 411 directory assistance, a nice lady answers and asks "City and Listing?", I say "Rolling Meadows, IL, and US Postal office", a computerized click and a number is repeated to me"1-800-275-2777".  I hang up the phone, and call the number.

A recorded womans voice answers "Thank you for choosing Pilgrim Telephone.  Pilgrim advertising will be heard after the recording. "  a small click "Are you feeling horny?" *click*, I hang up the phone. 

Laughing to myself, I call 411 again, thinking I just misheard the recording and dialed the wrong 800 number by mistake.  Same rigamarole, and the recording comes up again "The number is 1-800-275-2777".  WTF?  So I hang up and call 411 one more time, and this time before I could get to the automated voice telling me the number for my listing, I tell the lady on the phone what had just happened to me.  She tells me that I have to talk to her supervisor so she can report the incident, I say ok and she transfers my call.  The phone rings about 15 times before I hang up, and I call 411 AGAIN and this time, the recording answers "The number is 1-800-275-8777"

Kyyle hung up, after trying to get to the bottom of this with Mistress Lisa for 50 minutes.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
Kyyle hung up, after trying to get to the bottom of this with Mistress Lisa for 50 minutes.

You know the 'nice lady' on the phone was just trying to get some added business to her phone sex site. Kyyle just hasn't figured out he was talking to the same person the entire time.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
You know the 'nice lady' on the phone was just trying to get some added business to her phone sex site. Kyyle just hasn't figured out he was talking to the same person the entire time.

I think I got her fired when the supervisor got involved. Pilgrim Phone Sex Industries has taken a hit.

And to answer your question Gregory Pratt, I wasnt feeling particularly horny at 9 AM that morning, no. ;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)

I think I got her fired when the supervisor got involved.  Pilgrim Phone Sex Industries has taken a hit.

And to answer your question Gregory Pratt, I wasnt feeling particularly horny at 9 AM that morning, no.  ;)

But you were at 9 PM that night, I bet, and a certain phone number received your patronage! :P