How did Frank look at first base?

MurcieOne

Frank is NOT a terrible first baseman.  He is not bad at all on throws  in the dirt.  Limited range obviously, and can't throw at all.

His range is probably as good as Konerko's, and other on the 3-6-3 or 3-6-1 DPs, how often does a 1Bman have to throw?

Keep him there.

his range may be better than Konerko who has none at all.

like you said, outside of throwing the ball, Thomas is just as good as Konerko, and with Valentin at short, it might be good to have a big guy at second tall enough to catch his throws.

either way, Konerko needs to fewer and fewer time out there over the next couple weeks. have him just sit and relax, work on his swing and get his head straightened out.

what year did frank become the full time dh? was it when konerko was brought over or was it before that. at the time it happened what was frank's response?

i think that frank has a reputation of being horrible at first, whether or not it is justified is another thing. the point being is that frank has always hit better when playing first base in his career. i think it has been to both frank and pauly's detriment to have either one of them play 1b exclusively. they should have shared time there from the beginning. it would have kept both of them in the game more and i think pauly is suffering physically the effects of playing first base pretty much every day for the past three some years.

i would really like to see pauly and frank split time at first for the remainder of the year. even if it is done to show national league teams that frank can play 1b, if they are looking to trade him it makes sense not to exclude half the teams in baseball by him only being a dh.

but i doubt that frank will see any time at first after the interleague games and wonder if frank wants to play first anymore.

i would really like to see pauly and frank split time at first for the remainder of the year. even if it is done to show national league teams that frank can play 1b,  if they are looking to trade him it makes sense not to exclude half the teams in baseball by him only being a dh.

but i doubt that frank will see any time at first after the interleague games and wonder if frank wants to play first anymore.

It can't hurt! Maybe Frank can start hitting the ball and relaxing a little bit.

Guest hotsoxchick1

frank does better offensively when he plays at first..... let him play.. paulie is sucking up the joint anyhow... whats it gonna hurt...........frank can do the job just as good as anyone else.........if it helps his bat more than im all for it.........

with Valentin at short, it might be good to have a big guy at second tall enough to catch his throws.

be careful that the St JosE6 worshippers don't bodily attack you for that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

but it is a great point, I hadn;t thought of it, so thanks! :cheers :cheers :cheers

frank does better offensively when he plays at first..... let him play.. paulie is sucking up the joint anyhow... whats it gonna hurt...........frank can do the job just as good as anyone else.........if it helps his bat more than im all for it.........

exactly, I agrere 100% - I am rather unhappy that Frank has played so little at first thus far. Has it just been last night?

I wonder if some of the lack of team leadership problems from Frank is based on a DH role.

I would like to see Frank realize his career is winding down and if he ever wants to play in a World Series he's it's going to have to be soon and he better do all he can to make it happen. Perhaps a more positive role would help. If playing first base helps him to do that then grab a glove. I don't believe I've ever ehard him express a burning desire to win.

I just hope he doesnt get hurt like he did in 2001. If he doesnt hurt himself, Id prefer that he plays there. PK sucks, and Frank says he does better hitting when he plays first...

When that much meat hits the ground, something is gonna rip.

Meaning, Frank, don't dive for balls.