Intonation 06

LosMediasBlancas

yeah i was just about to report this...

and f*** i hate pitchfork but damn! The P4k music festival has Spoon and Jens Lekman playing july 29-30. AND TED LEO! I'll prolly go to both seeing as they were so practical last year with so much shade, place to sit and was a great time. What's with the lack of electronica this year though?

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
yeah i was just about to report this...

and f*** i hate pitchfork but damn! The P4k music festival has Spoon and Jens Lekman playing july 29-30. AND TED LEO! I'll prolly go to both seeing as they were so practical last year with so much shade, place to sit and was a great time. What's with the lack of electronica this year though?

You can find amazing house music all around Chicago, so no electronic music isn't a bad thing. And anyways, Mogwai is playing 5/19 @ The Metro, and Mogwai destroys everything.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
You can find amazing house music all around Chicago, so no electronic music isn't a bad thing. And anyways, Mogwai is playing 5/19 @ The Metro, and Mogwai destroys everything.

yeah i'm going ...! I was so thrilled when i realized i could look for chicago shows again.

it is something to complain about because it was a nice change of pace at intonation last year. Prefuse 73 and Four Tet were great.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
PFM fest and Intonation are both gonna rawk. And only 65 for both. Thats like a one day at lolla babay!

Yep, I got my Lolla tix yesterday, $112.00 for two, 3 day passes. Great deal BUT, the line up sux ass. :headshake

I might sell the Lolla passes and use the loot go to both Into and PMF.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 08:10 AM)
Yep, I got my Lolla tix yesterday, $112.00 for two, 3 day passes.  Great deal  BUT, the line up sux ass.  :headshake

I might sell the Lolla passes and use the loot go to both Into and PMF.

There are maybe two bands I'm interested in seeing at Lollapalooza, but I'm not their target audience anymore anyway.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
I just read that the Smiths *supposedly* turned down a $5 million offer to reunite for Coachella.

( I'm not buying that dollar figure for one minute - the Smiths were an okay band, I just don't think they'd merit that kind of cash for a one-off appearance )

i think you underestimate their popularity...i mean i'm suprised how popular morrissey is...(considering since viva hate i consider all his stuff to be pretty MEH) and add johnny marr back into that mix...i think they might be more popular now in america than before...

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
i think you underestimate their popularity...i mean i'm suprised how popular morrissey is...(considering since viva hate i consider all his stuff to be pretty MEH) and add johnny marr back into that mix...i think they might be more popular now in america than before...

I hate the whole Smiths-Morrisey-Cure sound. Whiny, dickless crap. There, I feel better.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
I hate the whole Smiths-Morrisey-Cure sound.  Whiny, dickless crap.  There, I feel better.

you're dickless...

yeah that's all i got...its st. pattys day and i'm already drunk.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)
I hate the whole Smiths-Morrisey-Cure sound.  Whiny, dickless crap.  There, I feel better.

I love the Cure.

Not crazy about the Smiths or Morrissey.

And bmags, I don't deny that they were fairly popular in their day, but I do think their legend has overshot their actual popularity back then.

Even with their "mythical" status, an offer of $5 mil for one show is hard to believe.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
Yeah they would. You think the Smiths one time reunion wouldn't bring 20K to a Tweeter Center for 100 a pop?

I don't know if they would or not. Maybe?

The Pixies got 35 bucks a ticket, the Cult 40, Billy Idol 47.

I don't know if the Smiths hold enough status with as many people.

Maybe I'm underestimating their position in the world of alt-rock nostalgia?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
I don't know if they would or not. Maybe?

The Pixies got 35 bucks a ticket, the Cult 40, Billy Idol 47.

I don't know if the Smiths hold enough status with as many people.

Maybe I'm underestimating their position in the world of alt-rock nostalgia?

i think they do...their s/t and the queen is dead are considered musts...