Joshua Fields Forever...

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 08:37 AM)
Its obvious that he is hitting the crap out of the ball so far this spring, but for those who have watched multiple games, how has Josh's defense been so far?  I know that was the big worry with him.

I know that Ozzie commented that his defense has improved dramatically since last spring.

Ozzie did say Fields has improved greatly but his defense still looks shaky to me. He has 3 errors in 28 innings this spring. But I think that two of those errors came on hard liners off of his glove. He still has a lot of work to do with the glove. His bat is looking damn good though.

Edited by SSH2005

I think Josh Fields should be our starting thirdbaseman this year. Joe Crede has sucked balls all spring and Josh Fields has been great, what ever happened to a player earning his spot during the spring? Crede should not get a free pass, it's pretty obvious that he needs some work in AAA still because his back is still bothering him. Josh Fields has 3 HRs off minor league pitching in Tucson that should be worth a starting job in the bigs. It sure wouldn't hurt anything.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
I think Josh Fields should be our starting thirdbaseman this year. Joe Crede has sucked balls all spring and Josh Fields has been great, what ever happened to a player earning his spot during the spring? Crede should not get a free pass, it's pretty obvious that he needs some work in AAA still because his back is still bothering him. Josh Fields has 3 HRs off minor league pitching in Tucson that should be worth a starting job in the bigs. It sure wouldn't hurt anything.

pMLB2-1888878reg.jpg

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)

it'd be a little too soon to be taking the starting job from Crede. right now, you'd still have to give it until May before making any moves like that.

Fields has definately impressed. He made adjustments around the middle half of last season and started creaming the ball. It also was a matter of him getting past one of his good friends dying in a car crash.

I'm glad we'll have him in the minors to help push Crede along and he definately needs another year in the minors, but if Crede were to get hurt, along with Mackoviak, Fields could come in and try to play.

Fields still has to work on his footwork at 3rd.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
Fields still has to work on his footwork at 3rd.

I agree. Plus I'm sick of him going into a five step drop everytime he catches the ball before he throws. He has to get rid of the ball quicker.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
Just tell Konerko to run a post pattern to 1st.

Takes too long to develop. Send him on a quick slant.

Well, as quick as Paulie can go.

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)

God I hope you meant to put this is green.

Fields wont be our starter until Joe Crede is gone. Thats it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)

I'll call your one week of 2006 spring training and raise you the stretch run and post season when it comes to judging Crede vs Fields.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
I'll call your one week of 2006 spring training and raise you the stretch run and post season when it comes to judging Crede vs Fields.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
Yeesh, it's parody damn it.

He's mocking how people are doing this with Ryan Sweeney I believe :P