My wife's bad week

FlaSoxxJim

Mrs. FlaSoxxJim has had a bad week.

She is a middle school science teacher. On Tuesday she was driving home on the Interstate and she came upon a group of motorcyclists. It is Bike Week up in Daytona so there are 1000's of people riding their Harleys all across the state.

My wife witnessed one of the bikers drive off the road and onto the median for unknown reasons, and hit a rut the sent him and his bike tumbling end over end multiple times. The biker's body took the impact on several of the flips.

She called me at work after it happened and was barely able to keep it together as she told me what she saw.

Now, I just got off of the phone with her and she told me that one of the 6th graders at her school dropped dead in gym today. The teachers did CPR, used a defibrilater on him, etc., but they never got him back.

Needless to say, she is really depressed. :crying

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)

She is a middle school science teacher.  On Tuesday she was driving home on the Interstate and she came upon a group of motorcyclists.  It is Bike Week up in Daytona so there are 1000's of people riding their Harleys all across the state.

My wife witnessed one of the bikers drive off the road and onto the median for unknown reasons, and hit a rut the sent him and his bike tumbling end over end multiple times.  The biker's body took the impact on several of the flips.

She called me at work after it happened and was barely able to keep it together as she told me what she saw.

Now, I just got off of the phone with her and she told me that one of the 6th graders at her school dropped dead in gym today.  The teachers did CPR, used a defibrilater on him, etc., but they never got him back.

Needless to say, she is really depressed.  :crying

I guess "tomorrow is another day" wouldn't work for her right now, huh?

That definitely sounds like a tough week. Not that anyone needs to tell you what to do, but just being there for her will help. Hope she perks up soon.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)

She is a middle school science teacher.  On Tuesday she was driving home on the Interstate and she came upon a group of motorcyclists.  It is Bike Week up in Daytona so there are 1000's of people riding their Harleys all across the state.

My wife witnessed one of the bikers drive off the road and onto the median for unknown reasons, and hit a rut the sent him and his bike tumbling end over end multiple times.  The biker's body took the impact on several of the flips.

Now, I just got off of the phone with her and she told me that one of the 6th graders at her school dropped dead in gym today.  The teachers did CPR, used a defibrilater on him, etc., but they never got him back.

Needless to say, she is really depressed.  :crying

Damn, Jim. Wish her the best from us all, and take care of her.

Thanks for all your care and concern, friends, it is appreciated. Our thoughts and hearts have been with all affected by these tragedies as well, and tey wil be for a long time.

This was a stranger and, I guess, a near-stranger (he'd only been at the school a couple of months). But it knocked my wife for a loop - mostly the uncertainty of life hitting her so hard.

Sounds trite, maybe, but make each day count is probably the massage hidden in all this sadness.

Thanks again.