There's Hope For Me Yet!

The Critic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
I think once your at 1000 pounds, a treadmill isn't an option.

Exactly. If you are really heavy, there is no way you could/should exercise due to the effects on your legs and other physical ailments. Some personal trainers I know won't let you do any cardio until you are below a certain weight.

Yeah, being that heavy you have trouble standing..forget about walking on a treadmill..and being that fat your heart might literally explode...I think you have to get an operation if you're that big.

Well, yeah. I take my point back in that regard.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
Exactly. If you are really heavy, there is no way you could/should exercise due to the effects on your legs and other physical ailments. Some personal trainers I know won't let you do any cardio until you are below a certain weight.

How the hell do you get at 1000 pounds?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
A proper diet is more important than a treadmill no matter how overweight a person is.

Oh, by not having a proper diet.

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Yeah, being that heavy you have trouble standing..forget about walking on a treadmill..and being that fat your heart might literally explode...I think you have to get an operation if you're that big.

Right. I know that. I was just saying earlier that people have to take responsibility for their weight and that I think it's sad that people let themselves go to that extent as to need surgery.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
Yeah you dont get to be 1000 w/out being a gigantic pig so its hard to feel bad for this guy......

I actually saw this guy's story on tv once. He was labeled a "food addict" which meant he didn't have to take responsibility for eating 10 eggs in the morning and 20 hotdogs for lunch. I've heard of people having glandular problems and not being able to control their weight, but this was a case of having no will power.

Anyway, the story was enough to put anybody on a diet.