9. Lofton 10.0

10. LoDuca 10.0

Higest % swing and missed

1. Sosa 40.2!

2. A Jones 33.1

3. LaRue 33.1

4. Hernandez (COL) 32.7

5. Thome 32.5

very surprised to see Crede up there, I think because he has the tendancy to swing at bad pitches down in the count.

he either swings at the bad ones or lets the good ones go, which is why that is so high. he's looked better of late though.

that is a really good stat.

very surprised to see Crede up there, I think because he has the tendancy to swing at bad pitches down in the count.

he either swings at the bad ones or lets the good ones go, which is why that is so high.  he's looked better of late though.

I have noticed that Joe does foul off a lot of pitches. He seems to get down in the count and keep swinging.

he either swings at the bad ones or lets the good ones go, which is why that is so high.  he's looked better of late though.

One thing that I really like about Crede is just how quick his hands are. If he could ever hone his eye, he'll be really good. Thats why I think he's going to be a stud. His discipline should improve and his hand eye coordination as well as power to all parts of the field is very impressive.

We all know I love Jimenez's approach at the plate, so that wasn't shocking.

This stat is very misleading: from what I've seen, Joe has taken a season's worth of terrible swings this year in May alone...I'd rather have a guy who swings and misses twice and then delivers on 2-2 count than a guy who fouls off 5 ball-4s and then proceeds to weekly pop it up like Joe has done so many times. At least when you swing and miss, you give yourself a chance to stay alive with less than 2 strikes to say nothing of allowing the baserunner to steal a base even if you do go down swinging.

No way Crede belongs in the same group as EEEchiro!, Jimenez, Mueller or Catalonato. Like I said, this stat is alomost useless by itself.

Without looking too closely my guess is the harder you swing the more misses you have. If you included all NL hitters regardless of at bats I'll bet some of those NL pitchers who bunt every time up would have a great stat.

And which is worse looking at a called third strike or swing and a miss?