Golf ball size hail

bmags

i always thought it was a myth! Man this is nuts...thank god i have no car here. And seriously it hails in mizzou a lot.

i think there may be a tornado coming. Since we are in a watch. Hold my hand mizzou. We'll get through this. I love you. Shhh Shhh, don't worry. Hold my hand. I wanna hold your haaa aa aa aa aaannnd

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
Actually hailed here yesterday too.  There's talk of snow all the way down to 1000 feet today.  That happens...i'll have an entertaining view from my window (looks right out onto the highway)

what does "all the way down to 1000 feet" mean?

and Am i stupid enough to have read that and thought you meant it will snow 1000 feet? Yes i am.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)

and Am i stupid enough to have read that and thought you meant it will snow 1000 feet? Yes i am.

When you live near mountains, you'll often hear weather reported like this.

He's referring to the elevation at which the snow will continue to fall/stick. If you live above that elevation look out for snow, below you're probably looking at rain.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)

Due to adiabatic decompression and cooling, when you have elevation gradients of a few thousand feet and a rainstorm hits, you can get snow at the top of a range and rain at the bottom...and based on the ambient temperature, you can figure out what level the snow will turn into rain. The weather forecasters out here usually give you the level that the snow will start turning into rain. The colder it is, the lower it goes.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Due to adiabatic decompression and cooling, when you have elevation gradients of a few thousand feet and a rainstorm hits, you can get snow at the top of a range and rain at the bottom...and based on the ambient temperature, you can figure out what level the snow will turn into rain.  The weather forecasters out here usually give you the level that the snow will start turning into rain.  The colder it is, the lower it goes.

wow, where do you live?

Furthermore...the rain got through my open window and soaked my bed but i didn't notice because jack bauer is regulating.