i have a terrible feeling...

bmags

that Cintron will replace Timo as the whipping boy. Both were traded for in spring training for flailing AAA pitchers. By all accounts Cintron is more talented*, but i think he will be it. More like Cintwrong, amiright?

*impossible not to be true.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
that Cintron will replace Timo as the whipping boy. Both were traded for in spring training for flailing AAA pitchers. By all accounts Cintron is more talented*, but i think he will be it. More like Cintwrong, amiright?

Well you just gave jabroni a nickname to use if Alex gets off to a bad start.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
Well you just gave jabroni a nickname to use if Alex gets off to a bad start.

i hope not...something has gotta be more creative.

I know A lex in latin means like anti laws or something...um....wow.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)

I think your way wrong. Cintron has such a pretty swing. In fact if Iguchi hickups in his 2nd year, I have zero problem with Cintron stepping in as a starter.

He's been drilling the ball in the WBC too. Hit a HR for Puerto Rico (Bernie Williams also hit a big time bomb; looks to be in tremendous shape). But I was watching the Puerto Rico/Mets game about a week ago and saw Cintron hitting.

The boy can hit. I don't know what kind of a fielder he is and I realize he doesn't have a great OBP, but I wouldn't be too concerned about his bat. Its a pretty swing.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Baj is much more valuable than Ginter was.

Noone's gonna rip on Cintron if he produces like he has in the past.  If he sucks as much as Timo, well, yeah, then he'll be a goat.

I don't really think so. I think both were pretty much not so valuable. We got Timo cause the Mets saved like 1 mill and we got Cintron cause the Dbacks saved like 1.6 mill.

Neither Baj or Ginter would get you much at the time. Ginter would have been the more highly touted one though (higher draft pick, actually was hyped at one point during his career). Had one run of success with the Mets, but Cintron is a better player than Timo and I would agree that Baj is a better player than Ginter (but I don't know if he was more valuable in a trade sense).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
I think your way wrong.  Cintron has such a pretty swing.  In fact if Iguchi hickups in his 2nd year, I have zero problem with Cintron stepping in as a starter.

He's been drilling the ball in the WBC too.  Hit a HR for Puerto Rico (Bernie Williams also hit a big time bomb; looks to be in tremendous shape).  But I was watching the Puerto Rico/Mets game about a week ago and saw Cintron hitting. 

The boy can hit.  I don't know what kind of a fielder he is and I realize he doesn't have a great OBP, but I wouldn't be too concerned about his bat.  Its a pretty swing.

I'd like to add that Cintron, based on the numbers, is a much better middle infielder than either Ozuna or Mack. Mack can hang with him at 3B but Cintron is head and shoulders better in the middle.

Ozuna can earn his keep with his legs and his bunting. While he can survive at just about every position, which lets you use him in a pinch role without burning two players, I don't think he would be first choice to sub a whole game at any position.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
I don't really think so. I think both were pretty much not so valuable.  We got Timo cause the Mets saved like 1 mill and we got Cintron cause the Dbacks saved like 1.6 mill. 

Neither Baj or Ginter would get you much at the time.  Ginter would have been the more highly touted one though (higher draft pick, actually was hyped at one point during his career).  Had one run of success with the Mets, but Cintron is a better player than Timo and I would agree that Baj is a better player than Ginter (but I don't know if he was more valuable in a trade sense).

Iirc, Ginter was out of minor league options, and the Sox weren't going to keep him. Baj still has options, I think.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
I'd like to add that Cintron, based on the numbers, is a much better middle infielder than either Ozuna or Mack.  Mack can hang with him at 3B but Cintron is head and shoulders better in the middle.

Ozuna can earn his keep with his legs and his bunting.  While he can survive at just about every position, which lets you use him in a pinch role without burning two players, I don't think he would be first choice to sub a whole game at any position.

I agree. I think on our bench in terms of players go...Cintron, Mack, Ozuna. Mack and Ozuna can also play the OF (Mack can even play CF) so all 3 provide versatility. With the bat I think Cintron is the best of the bunch.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
I think your way wrong.  Cintron has such a pretty swing.  In fact if Iguchi hickups in his 2nd year, I have zero problem with Cintron stepping in as a starter.

He's been drilling the ball in the WBC too.  Hit a HR for Puerto Rico (Bernie Williams also hit a big time bomb; looks to be in tremendous shape).  But I was watching the Puerto Rico/Mets game about a week ago and saw Cintron hitting. 

The boy can hit.  I don't know what kind of a fielder he is and I realize he doesn't have a great OBP, but I wouldn't be too concerned about his bat.  Its a pretty swing.

this thread wasn't very serious.