Freddie Sanchez

Jim Fainter

Sanchez has pretty interesting stats at Pawtucket.

.391/.484/.577      23 rbi, 14 2b, 5hr, 43 games, 3 errors.

Plays both short and second.  I want to be his agent.

I have got to imagine with Nomar at SS, this guy is prime trade bait. Any idea what Boston thinks of him? Are they willing to deal him or would they try to move him to 2B or 3B?

I have got to imagine with Nomar at SS, this guy is prime trade bait. Any idea what Boston thinks of him? Are they willing to deal him or would they try to move him to 2B or 3B?

I'd really like to see him in the Silver and Black........ I saw a piece on him on BB2Night a long time ago....... guy seems like he has what it takes.

Maybe we can entice Boston to take someone off our hands in exchange for this badass.

I think Boston will probably move Sanchez to 2nd. Boston doesn't have a deep system and trading one of their few good prospects doesn't make much sense. I would love to see him in a Sox unifrom, but I just don't think it will happen. If the Hillenbrand-Kim trade goes through i think Boston won't be that interested in Colon. If the Sox are out of it there will definately be some teams interested in Colon though. Quality pitchers that are available at the deadline are like gold.

I think Boston will probably move Sanchez to 2nd. Boston doesn't have a deep system and trading one of their few good prospects doesn't make much sense. I would love to see him in a Sox unifrom, but I just don't think it will happen. If the Hillenbrand-Kim trade goes through i think Boston won't be that interested in Colon. If the Sox are out of it there will definately be some teams interested in Colon though. Quality pitchers that are available at the deadline are like gold.

DONT TRADE COLON!!!!!

we need a core

I agree that we should keep Colon. I love the idea of Colon, Buehrle, and Loaiza(if he continues to pitch well) as you pointed out. Quality pitchers are hard to come by and the Sox have been unable to develop them. I think if the Sox got rid of some deadweight they could afford resigning him. Either trade/don't resign Valentin and Thomas, trade Konerko(after he heats up a bit to raise his value), release White, and some other minor moves would free up about 15 million. That is more than enough to resign Colon for a 2-4 million/yr raise, resign Loaiza(I think he has a 4 million option for next year), and pay the plays that are getting raises(Maggs and arbitration eligable players). It might even leave a couple of extra million and with that I would love to see the Sox trade for Beltran. Adding one of the top young CF's would be a nice piece to build around. He is going to get a raise in salary soon, but even after signing him long term that would probably equal out to a payroll just over 60 miliion, which is more than doable(not going to happen though) With that said you and I both know that the chances of resigning Colon are slim to none, espiecially if the Sox continue to struggle. So getting a couple of solid prospects in return is better than nothing. How does the prospect compensation thing work? Do the Sox have to declare Colon as their franchise player and then when another team signs him the Sox get their top pick? I though I read that they were doing away with that rule?

Todd Walker is in the last year of his deal. Freddie Sanchez is tearing up AAA.

Put 2 and 2 together here folks. We'll have to blow the Red Sox away with an incredible offer before we get Freddie Sanchez. May as well just keep Colon....I'd prefer having Jose back at SS and Colon back in a (White) Sox uniform next year instead of having neither and having Freddie Sanchez. Freddie Sanchez could become the next ARod and I'd be fine with keeping Colon. Good pitching ALWAYS beats good hitting.

Put it this way....I'd take Freddie Sanchez over any MI in our system right now; however, I won't give up Colon for him.

I'd really like to see him in the Silver and Black........ I saw a piece on him on BB2Night a long time ago....... guy seems like he has what it takes.

Maybe we can entice Boston to take someone off our hands in exchange for this badass.

Koch to Boston and a minor leaguer for Sanchez and another minor leaguer.

Marte can close.

CWSOX45

Todd Walker is in the last year of his deal.  Freddie Sanchez is tearing up AAA.

Put 2 and 2 together here folks.  We'll have to blow the Red Sox away with an incredible offer before we get Freddie Sanchez.  May as well just keep Colon....I'd prefer having Jose back at SS and Colon back in a (White) Sox uniform next year instead of having neither and having Freddie Sanchez.  Freddie Sanchez could become the next ARod and I'd be fine with keeping Colon.  Good pitching ALWAYS beats good hitting.

Put it this way....I'd take Freddie Sanchez over any MI in our system right now; however, I won't give up Colon for him.

The Red Sox have $$. They don't need prospects, can Miguel Tejada play second? or Nomar? Sure, anything's possible. They need more pitching, always have.

CWSOX45