Edge signs with the Cardinals

Great signing. Perhaps this is the year the Cardinals decide to take that step in the right direction. A lot of us thought last year was going to be there year, but, now that Denny Green is entering his third year with the club, I think they might be primed for a pretty special year.

Colts fans, how does this one feel? This is a big loss, is it not?

I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome Laurence Maroney to the Colts franchise.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Great signing.  Perhaps this is the year the Cardinals decide to take that step in the right direction.  A lot of us thought last year was going to be there year, but, now that Denny Green is entering his third year with the club, I think they might be primed for a pretty special year.

Huge signing. Everyone knows the Cards have one of the best WR duos in the league, but now to add a premier RB? Wow. This past year they couldn't move the ball on the ground...at all.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Huge signing.  Everyone knows the Cards have one of the best WR duos in the league, but now to add a premier RB?  Wow.  This past year they couldn't move the ball on the ground...at all.

At this time last year, I was telling Soxtalk how overrated JJ Arrington was. The guy will amount to nothing in the NFL. You can't quite describe how big a signing this was for the Cardinals. In fact, I'd bet dollars to donuts James is the biggest name free agent the franchise has ever brought in.

Very impressive.

Good luck Edge. He got the money we couldn't give him.

I liked him a lot, and really wished there was a way to been able bring him back, but it just wasn't feasible. Obviously Peyton's the center of this offense, but I think we need the RB to get somewhere. But then again, we never got it done with him. Hopefully the Colts can find a solid replacement again.

Last time this was done, we let Faulk go to the Rams, and we didn't miss a beat with Edge.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
New Stadium, great offense, look out. And with the division they are in, I don't see a reason why they can't get the Wild Card because they should beat up on St. Louis and San Fran.

St. Louis still might be able to do something. They still have a good running game, still have Bulger, and I believe have a new coaching staff.

And in terms of AZ, I'm still not sure I've been impressed by Warner over the last couple seasons, and I'm wondering how much of a difference Edge can make. In fact, with both Warner and Edge in the backfield...I wouldn't be surprised if 1 of those 2 wound up spending significant time injured next season.

The Colts are in that Denver mode right now of figuring "we have a good offensive line and passing game...we should be able to plug anyone into that and they'll succeed". But if I were in their spot, I'd be thinking strongly about drafting a RB in the 1st round. Maybe even trading up and trying to go after White. This draft is loaded with good RB's in the upper first round, this is a good year to try moving up a little bit to grab one.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
I think if worse comes to worse Dominic Rhodes has shown he could run the ball pretty well... I dont know if he got over his fumbling problems yet but worth a shot.

As deep as this draft is, and as hesitant as some teams have been at giving big contracts to RB's...there has to be someone who can help you more than Rhodes, IMO. What'd the Bears have to do to find Jones?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
As deep as this draft is, and as hesitant as some teams have been at giving big contracts to RB's...there has to be someone who can help you more than Rhodes, IMO.  What'd the Bears have to do to find Jones?

Wait for him to fall by the wayside with both the Cardinals and the Bucs.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
If the Cards had a better QB and upgraded OL, then yea, this offense would be pretty good.  However, I think you guys are exaggerating Warner as a QB.

Warner was pretty good when healthy. That's obviously the key. I don't know much about their o-line. But when was the last time they had a back even half as good as James?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
Warner was pretty good when healthy.  That's obviously the key.  I don't know much about their o-line.  But when was the last time they had a back even half as good as James?

Probably around the same time they last had a winning record.

And Warner was pretty good. Unfortunetly, he is now an average QB. He's 34 years old and hasn't played 16 games since 2001. He completes his passes at a high percentage, but his TD:INT ratio is nothing special.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Probably around the same time they last had a winning record.

And Warner was pretty good.  Unfortunetly, he is now an average QB.  He's 34 years old and hasn't played 16 games since 2001.  He completes his passes at a high percentage, but his TD:INT ratio is nothing special.

All I know is they were #1 in passing yards a year ago. They were also dead last in rushing yards. That will change dramatically with Edge in there.