Atlanta Regional

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
I can't speak to Duke's bench, I don't know enough about them (I'll assume it's a fairly weak bench), but Paulus isn't/wasn't ready for as many minutes as he got (32.2 minutes per game). 

You're right, awful wasn't the correct word.  I just don't see him becoming a 'cornerstone' of a future Duke championship team. 

From the (admittedly) little I've seen of him, it looks like he can play defense decently enough, and he looks like a decent point guard.

This could be just a sample size issue, but I've been disgusted with some of the decisions he's made in the games I've watched.  I dunno -- I'm just not a fan, even if he is just a freshman.

That's fair. I think he'll be a very solid pg, I don't think he's going to be the star that leads you to a title but he can be a very important piece to that puzzle.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Yeah they actually do play defense in the NBA, unless of course you know, your team sucks (man I love that no defense in the NBA myth).  And I'm not saying he's a poor athlete as in he's white, I'm saying he's a poor athlete as in he's a TERRIBLE athlete, regardless of what color his skin is.  Matt Harpring is a triathlete compared to Morrison.  Put Morrison at the 3 in the NBA and he's going to give up 30 to whoever he's guarding most nights since most teams have somebody at the 3 that can light it up, oh and they are 6'9 too so Morrison will have to actually create space in order to get a shot. 

I do agree with you that he won't have to rebound much, and he will have a decent NBA career....but he's not going to be nearly as good as a top 3 pick in terms of how he performs in the NBA.

I still think in a half court offense, Morrison could be alright, which is why the Magic will probably be all over him if they can't get Rudy Gay.

Just shows how weak the draft is this year though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
I still think in a half court offense, Morrison could be alright, which is why the Magic will probably be all over him if they can't get Rudy Gay.

Just shows how weak the draft is this year though.

I really think that'd be a mistake if they did. Morrison is a bit more polished, but he as a very low ceiling. From everything I've seen so far, Morrison and Shane Battier will have roughly the same career. Morrison is better offensively, but Battier actually plays some defense.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
I really think that'd be a mistake if they did. Morrison is a bit more polished, but he as a very low ceiling. From everything I've seen so far, Morrison and Shane Battier will have roughly the same career. Morrison is better offensively, but Battier actually plays some defense.

A lot of NBA scouts disagree with you.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)
A lot of NBA scouts disagree with you.

That doesn't really bother me for two reasons:

1) They liked Shane Battier quite a bit and took him higher in the draft than his talent would suggest.

2) A lot of NBA scouts make some really bad calls every year.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
That doesn't really bother me for two reasons:

1) They liked Shane Battier quite a bit and took him higher in the draft than his talent would suggest.

2) A lot of NBA scouts make some really bad calls every year.

I agree about Battier, however, he had nowhere near the offensive arsenal of Morrison. I don't think Morrision is gonna be Larry Bird the sequel. But I think he'll be a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
This is why I love March.  I don't give a s*** about either of these teams and my heart is pounding.

Paulino just saved my bracket. OH MY GOD. That was a helluva ending.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
I'm not making any plans for Saturday.  LSU/Texas is gonna be a classic.

Same here. Except I thought it to myself because it would be weird if I said it aloud...because no one would hear. :lol: