Atlanta Regional

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
And Iowa fans are the only ones dumb enough to come on a message board and be a smart ass after one of the worst losses in school history.

They were 7.5 point favorites, and lost on a prayer at the buzzer. If you consider that one of the worst losses in school history, you're just showing your youth.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
They were 7.5 point favorites, and lost on a prayer at the buzzer. If you consider that one of the worst losses in school history, you're just showing your youth.

And if you think losing a 3-14 game as a 3 isn't one of the worst losses in school history, your showing your denial.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)

Biggest upset of the tourney so far and they'll be shown getting owned like that for a while.

Also ensures that you're stuck with Alford now.

I'd consider that bad for the school just for the latter.

Not the biggest loss in school history, but pretty pathetic.

Northwestern St...laughable.

At least if you are going to come up with an excuse find a better way to spin it.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Biggest upset of the tourney so far and they'll be shown getting owned like that for a while.

Also ensures that you're stuck with Alford now.

I'd consider that bad for the school just for the latter.

Not the biggest loss in school history, but pretty pathetic.

Northwestern St...laughable.

At least if you are going to come up with an excuse find a better way to spin it.

Yeah, next week when you're going to eat all of your words on Alford.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Yeah, next week when you're going to eat all of your words on Alford.

He won't get the job now, he's definitely not the leading candidate anymore.

And if he is hired, I'll be pissed and there's no way I'm going to support him.

He is flat out lousy.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
I don't see how one game affects Indiana's thinking. If he was the favorite 45 minutes ago. He's still the favorite now.

Now that I'll agree with. It's interesting, no way in hell Alford is the favorite among the administration at Indiana, but he is among the boosters and fans. We'll see who is really running the program soon.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
I don't see how one game affects Indiana's thinking. If he was the favorite 45 minutes ago. He's still the favorite now.

Randy Wittman is the favorite based on the check Mark Cuban is ready to write IU for a new practice facility.

Based on the reaction on Peegs (the cult IU following on the web), this game just turned even more people against Alford.

Greenspan isn't a fan of his to begin with.

This just gives him a good reason NOT to hire him.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Damn you SIU...getting spanked a little.

I smell Sweet 16 #2 going down. :(

I got SIU too, but I had them losing to Iowa :lol: . The good news about this year is so far, even the teams that I pick wrong are mostly teams that I dont' have going too far. I'm sure that will change though, haha.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
They don't have a lot of weapons.  They've done it when defense all year.  Picked a bad time to have a horrible defensive game.

They have 39 points with 4 minutes left. I don't care how good their D was, they weren't going to win.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
I've got WVU in the Elite 8. I think they can get Texas, but getting to the sweet 16 doesn't look too shabby right now.

^^^^^ Yeah that's what I got. I'm suprised at how little respect they are getting from most people, but I'm fine with it because they WILL beat Texas.