Atlanta Regional

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
I disagree, Morrison is damn good.  He can create his own shot, he is long and the dude is intense as they come.  

I mean all teams have done all year is focus on him and he's still dropping 30 on people.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Rudy Gay or Thomas will be a better pro than he will be.  Aldridge I think should be the top pick in the draft and has the best upside of any of them.

Morrison is a pathetic defender, a piss poor athlete, a below average rebounder, and has major stamina issues. He does very well and is creative getting his own shot, but who the hell can block a 6'9 guy with long arms when he's shooting with a high release point in college?? He's a great college player, but his game doesn't translate at all to the NBA.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Morrison is a pathetic defender, a piss poor athlete, a below average rebounder, and has major stamina issues.  He does very well and is creative getting his own shot, but who the hell can block a 6'9 guy with long arms when he's shooting with a high release point in college??  He's a great college player, but his game doesn't translate at all to the NBA.

Wait, they play defense in the NBA?

Piss poor athlete, so are a lot of white players. Is Matt Harpring a good athlete? He can still get his shot off in the NBA and he's not half the player Morrison is.

Maybe he has stamina issues because he plays 40 mins a game and has people all over him all night. He will play the 3 in the NBA, he won't have to rebound all that much and should be able to get his shot off pretty well. A solid second option for a team, that's for sure.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Wait, they play defense in the NBA?

Piss poor athlete, so are a lot of white players.  Is Matt Harpring a good athlete?  He can still get his shot off in the NBA and he's not half the player Morrison is. 

Maybe he has stamina issues because he plays 40 mins a game and has people all over him all night.  He will play the 3 in the NBA, he won't have to rebound all that much and should be able to get his shot off pretty well.  A solid second option for a team, that's for sure.

Yeah they actually do play defense in the NBA, unless of course you know, your team sucks (man I love that no defense in the NBA myth). And I'm not saying he's a poor athlete as in he's white, I'm saying he's a poor athlete as in he's a TERRIBLE athlete, regardless of what color his skin is. Matt Harpring is a triathlete compared to Morrison. Put Morrison at the 3 in the NBA and he's going to give up 30 to whoever he's guarding most nights since most teams have somebody at the 3 that can light it up, oh and they are 6'9 too so Morrison will have to actually create space in order to get a shot.

I do agree with you that he won't have to rebound much, and he will have a decent NBA career....but he's not going to be nearly as good as a top 3 pick in terms of how he performs in the NBA.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
Yeah they actually do play defense in the NBA, unless of course you know, your team sucks (man I love that no defense in the NBA myth).  And I'm not saying he's a poor athlete as in he's white, I'm saying he's a poor athlete as in he's a TERRIBLE athlete, regardless of what color his skin is.  Matt Harpring is a triathlete compared to Morrison.  Put Morrison at the 3 in the NBA and he's going to give up 30 to whoever he's guarding most nights since most teams have somebody at the 3 that can light it up, oh and they are 6'9 too so Morrison will have to actually create space in order to get a shot. 

I do agree with you that he won't have to rebound much, and he will have a decent NBA career....but he's not going to be nearly as good as a top 3 pick in terms of how he performs in the NBA.

I guess this is why NBA GM's get paid to make these type of decisions.

I'm sure they'll consider your scouting report posted on Soxtalk.com if they want to choose between Morrison, Gay or Thomas. :P

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)

I'm sure they'll consider your scouting report posted on Soxtalk.com if they want to choose between Morrison, Gay or Thomas.  :P

Maybe SI will write another article about it :P

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)

I'm sure they'll consider your scouting report posted on Soxtalk.com if they want to choose between Morrison, Gay or Thomas.  :P

They won't, but NBA GM's aren't exactly smart people if you look at some of the contracts POS big men have. :)

Oh, and Redick is a CLUTCH player. In the 4 NCAA Tourney games Duke lost, Redick was:

2-16, 4-12, 4-14, 3-18

Now THAT is what an NBA team wants, a kid who comes up big in big games against tough opponents.

Duke needs to recruit more athletes. Go ahead and call me racist for saying they aren't black enough, but they simply aren't athletic. Even guys like Dockery and Williams are average athletes. DeMarcus Nelson is a very good athlete and they have Henderson coming in next year, they just need to get more athletic. It was really exposed in the Georgetown and UNC at Cameron games and was again tonight.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
I'm starting to think LSU might be a legitimate threat to win the whole thing.  Their defense and depth is severely underrated.

Oh definitely. I almost picked them to beat Texas and go to the Final 4, and if they do beat the winner of this game and make the Final 4, I'll be kicking myself for not having the balls to make that pick.

I know the game was pretty much in the bag by then, but anybody see the replay of the rebound that Davis got on the free-throw?

As a former ( :crying ) player who was taught the fundamentals at a very young age, and had it drilled into my head since second grade (what can I say, my dad was a coach), that makes me shudder. Redick was running towards half court, Nelson stood there and watched, and Williams + McRoberts did a whole lot. That was absolutely pathetic.

And Paulus is awful. I haven't been around here enough, but talk about overrated. Can't shoot, makes some really stupid decisions. But, he'll dive into the stands and he'll dive on the floor, so that makes him good.

Gosh, players like that piss me off(I've played on the same team as one).

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)

And Paulus is awful. 

No he's not. He's a freshman that still has some things to work on but he's far from awful. 7 ppg and 5 assists is not bad at all when you're job is to run the team. I would like to see him cut down on his turnovers and yes his decision making isn't the greatest but he's far from awful.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 03:57 AM)
No he's not.  He's a freshman that still has some things to work on but he's far from awful.  7 ppg and 5 assists is not bad at all when you're job is to run the team.  I would like to see him cut down on his turnovers and yes his decision making isn't the greatest but he's far from awful.

I can't speak to Duke's bench, I don't know enough about them (I'll assume it's a fairly weak bench), but Paulus isn't/wasn't ready for as many minutes as he got (32.2 minutes per game).

You're right, awful wasn't the correct word. I just don't see him becoming a 'cornerstone' of a future Duke championship team.

From the (admittedly) little I've seen of him, it looks like he can play defense decently enough, and he looks like a decent point guard.

This could be just a sample size issue, but I've been disgusted with some of the decisions he's made in the games I've watched. I dunno -- I'm just not a fan, even if he is just a freshman.