Oakland Regional

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
It was Rowand. I didn't think Kansas was going to lay an egg, although I didn't think they were going to destroy Bradley either. Good outside shooting on one side and weak outside shooting on the other was a major factor. Probably turnovers too, although the numbers may or may not show it. They hurt Kansas early and cost them a couple of opportunities late.

Seeing Bradley as many times as I had this year, I knew they were good and thought they would play with Kansas, honestly didn't think they would beat them. Glad two teams could represent the MVC nicely.

P.S. I'm sick of this McDonalds commercial with the guy realizing he is married after he drinks the coffee.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Well there goes my first FF team.  What a waste.

Same here. I've been burned in the past, so I should know better. My major problem was that I didn't like anyone in this bracket, so I was bound to find a way to screw it up. In the future when that happens, I think I'm going to go with the chalk and hope for the best as opposed to doing something crazy. It may not be creative, but it's safe. This bracket is really hurting my chances to win anything in my pool.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
Seeing Bradley as many times as I had this year, I knew they were good and thought they would play with Kansas, honestly didn't think they would beat them. Glad two teams could represent the MVC nicely.

P.S. I'm sick of this McDonalds commercial with the guy realizing he is married after he drinks the coffee.

I hate to use the same line of logic I was attacking with the SDSU/IU game, but Bradley hit a lot of threes at a really high percentage. The only difference is that Bradley doesn't shoot very well from outside on the year.

I deserve it though, Kansas has been a disappointment basically since 1988, with the only major exception being that title game appearance in 2002.

Haha, way to go Bail. You have single handedly started the rise of 2 mid major programs by losing in 4 vs. 13 and 3 vs. 14 games. Well done, and I'm glad your enjoying Kansas.

This was even sweeter since Bradley is an Illinois team, and Peoria no less, and from the Valley. Awesome stuff, congrats to the Braves and hopefully you beat Pittsburgh and get a shot at Memphis.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
Or at least until the Illini lose.  :rolly

Hey Jimbo, tell us again how much you love Self and his losses to the 13th round seeds again.  :lol:

See there's a huge difference though, i don't think any of us were saying "ILLINOIS IS THE BESTEST TEAM EVER IN THE WORLD (and jimbo adding AND BILL SELF IS AWESOME)"

So illinois can lose all they want, it won't make up for kansas losing in the first round (for the 2nd year in a row), especially because he talked and talked and talked beforehand.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)
I had them losing to Memphis, so it doesn't hurt as much as it hurts some people.

:crying 10 bucks down the drain for me, losing a FF4 team this early equals no money back, i hope bradley beats pitt and memphis loses to bucknell and gonzaga and ucla loses then ill be happy :rolly

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
I deserve it though, Kansas has been a disappointment basically since 1988, with the only major exception being that title game appearance in 2002.

Other than Kansas in 1988, can you name a Big 8/Big 12 team who won a National Championship in your lifetime?

I'm older than most of you, and I sure can't. The Big 12 is and will always will be the most overrated Basketball confrence in the country.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
I'm a big Hoosier fan tonight.

Jimbo back, tough loss and I deserve the s***, i talked alot of smack. i took my lumps and hey at least Rush is coming back...

go hoosiers.

p.s. I love sports, its such a good and bad addiction..haha