Oakland Regional

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
Where you at now Nantz and Packer?  Assholes.

They're still in New York. I think it's great that the Missouri Valley Conference has 2 teams in the Sweet 16. But I still think conferences like the Big East and ACC are better than they are. Wichita St. who won the conference if I remember right played the 8th team in the Big East, which was Seton Hall. But none the less it's great seeing these teams win.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
They're still in New York. I think it's great that the Missouri Valley Conference has 2 teams in the Sweet 16. But I still think conferences like the Big East and ACC are better than they are. Wichita St. who won the conference if I remember right played the 8th team in the Big East, which was Seton Hall. But none the less it's great seeing these teams win.

I don't think ANYBODY is saying the MVC is as good of a league as the Big East or ACC, but that doesn't preclude it from deserving as many teams in the tournament as an ACC or Big 12. The difference is the seeds each conference gets.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 19, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
I don't think ANYBODY is saying the MVC is as good of a league as the Big East or ACC, but that doesn't preclude it from deserving as many teams in the tournament as an ACC or Big 12.  The difference is the seeds each conference gets.

Bingo.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
Although it would totally screw up my bracket,  I'm on the Bradley bandwagon tonight.  Go Braves!

ha...you should see it here in peoria.....everyone red and white...it's pretty fun. Bradley gets a sweet 16 game and everyone loves them....hard not to root for them.

GO BRAVES!!! :headbang :headbang

Memphis wins to advance to the regional championship game. Now it's about time to find out if I get a week vacation from here or not. I actually hope Gonzaga wins since they are a better matchup for Memphis than the stingy UCLA defense, and I picked Memphis to win the region.

Rough ending for the Braves. They helped gain the Valley some credibility though so I'm very happy with them. Memphis is just a great team, Willie and I have talked about a lot how we thought they were being underrated by a lot of people.

Anyways, Go Bruins, f*** you zags. :)

Edited by Rowand44

If you gave Gonzaga about tenfold better athletes, more depth, and they gave a s*** about defense, you have Memphis. I expect them to comfortably beat whoever wins the next game here and move on to the Final 4. UCLA is the team they should be more afraid of, they are very athletic and great on defense, and could give Memphis a great game. Morrison is going to have to score 45 and get help from Batista if they are going to beat Memphis, although to be fair let's point out he almost did that at Memphis earlier this year.