Oakland Regional

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
Am I wrong when I say Memphis is the most athletic team in the country?

No, your 100 percent right, it's not even close. The only team close is UConn, but i'd say they aren't as athletic. However, UConn is better since Memphis has a pretty mediocre front line, their team is pretty much Darius Washington running the point and then a bunch of 6'6 to 6'9 long athletes.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Thanks Rowand and Whitesoxfan 101.  Just wanted to be sure.

I almost felt bad for Bradley out there at times.  Athletic freaks at every position for Memphis.

Bradley didn't embarass themselves at all, they played hard and well at times. Memphis is just too damn good to keep up with for 40 minutes, when they are on they are almost unbeatable.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Bradley didn't embarass themselves at all, they played hard and well at times.  Memphis is just too damn good to keep up with for 40 minutes, when they are on they are almost unbeatable.

I agree. Bradley has nothing to be down about. They represented the MVC very well.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
Rowand,  I think you severely underrated Gonzaga. :lol:

I'll eat some serious crow if they win this and I already had some last week. UCLA just can't hit a shot right now. Very frusterating.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
Rowand,  I think you severely underrated Gonzaga. :lol:

I'm still not impressed. They survived against a beaten down Xavier team, rode a 41 to 6 ref clusterf*** to get by Indiana, and are having a very good night against a UCLA team who isn't very good offensively and doesn't have the horses to guard the Gonzaga skill players. I give them credit assuming they hold on and go to the elite 8 and will accept my week off, but I still don't think they are all that good, they have been blessed with an easy road.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
I think Rex has the right to serve a big serving of crow to a big group of people (myself included) who said the Zags wouldn't make it past the first weekend.

Yeah they are doing better than I thought no question, but they have had such a cupcake road. Let's see what happens against Memphis, a team they lost to already.

rode a 41 to 6 ref clusterf*** to get by Indiana,

That's bulls***. Gonzaga outplayed IU pure and simple. If IU wasn't hitting miracle 3's late, the Zags would have won by 20. It had nothing to do with the referrees that IU lost that game. IU stopped Morrison and Gonzaga still scored 90 points.

They play better D than anyone is giving the credit for and they are not a one-man show. They may not make it to the Final Four, but they are a better team than anyone one here wants to give them credit for.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
That's bulls***.  Gonzaga outplayed IU pure and simple.  If IU wasn't hitting miracle 3's late, the Zags would have won by 20.  It had nothing to do with the referrees that IU lost that game.  IU stopped Morrison and Gonzaga still scored 90 points.

They play better D than anyone is giving the credit for and they are not a one-man show.  They may not make it to the Final Four, but they are a better team than anyone one here wants to give them credit for.

Indiana shooting 3's was the biggest reason why the free throws for each team was so much more different. If you're Gonzaga you're not going to foul a 3 point shoot. I think only once they did.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
UCLA down by 7. I think it's pretty obvious who the announcers want to win. I haven't seen the whole game since Texas and West Virginia were on but from what I'm hearing I'd go with the assumption of UCLA.

Because they said the reffing is one sided?