Oakland Regional

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Maybe you should pick the right team next time then?  :huh

:P

Villanova is small and unbalanced and lucky. I hope Georgetown wins tonight (that would be a boost to me) but regardless, I hope whoever wins Florida/Georgetown beats Villanova by 50. I will also root against Villanova and Boston College every chance I get the next couple of years due to this.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
Villanova is small and unbalanced and lucky.  I hope Georgetown wins tonight (that would be a boost to me) but regardless, I hope whoever wins Florida/Georgetown beats Villanova by 50.  I will also root against Villanova and Boston College every chance I get the next couple of years due to this.

Bitter? ;) Nova played like complete dog s*** and won that game. They might have got that bad game out of their system, they can win this thing as easily as anyone at this point.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Bitter? ;)  Nova played like complete dog s*** and won that game.  They might have got that bad game out of their system, they can win this thing as easily as anyone at this point.

They played like s*** because they were playing a team better than they are. But of course, as soon as it got to 25-9, BC let up. BC builds up a 2nd half lead, lets up. They get within 3 seconds of a win, and let up. Unbelieveable bulls***, I can't really put into words how mad I am right now, I'm giving the nice speech in these posts, I'm actually a lot madder than it seems like. Nova would lose to every team that has advanced to the Elite 8 so far except George Mason.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
They played like s*** because they were playing a team better than they are.  But of course, as soon as it got to 25-9, BC let up.  BC builds up a 2nd half lead, lets up.  They get within 3 seconds of a win, and let up.  Unbelieveable bulls***, I can't really put into words how mad I am right now, I'm giving the nice speech in these posts, I'm actually a lot madder than it seems like.  Nova would lose to every team that has advanced to the Elite 8 so far except George Mason.

LOL, ya you are bitter. :P I'll just say I completely, completely disagree with you. We'll see what happens though.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
LOL, ya you are bitter. :P  I'll just say I completely, completely disagree with you.  We'll see what happens though.

Yes I'm bitter, but I stand by my last comment. Ok, UCLA might lose to Villanova too. But UConn is better, Memphis is better, LSU is better, and Texas is better than Villanova is right now. Villanova has no big men that don't suck, Nardi is playing like poop....so they have 3 very good guards at the moment. The Illini, who didn't even win it all last year, had 3 very good guards, a great glue guy in Powell, an all Big 10 big man in Augustine, and a top 5 or 10 6th man in the nation in Jack Ingram, for example.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
Yes I'm bitter, but I stand by my last comment.  Ok, UCLA might lose to Villanova too.  But UConn is better, Memphis is better, LSU is better, and Texas is better than Villanova is right now. 

We'll see, I'm not going to argue with you over how good nova is when we'll find out very soon.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
We'll see, I'm not going to argue with you over how good nova is when we'll find out very soon.

Yep, definitely. Let me say this though, Villanova is bar none the best team in America if Sumpter is healthy and Jason Fraser still had knees.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
They played like s*** because they were playing a team better than they are.  But of course, as soon as it got to 25-9, BC let up.  BC builds up a 2nd half lead, lets up.  They get within 3 seconds of a win, and let up.  Unbelieveable bulls***, I can't really put into words how mad I am right now, I'm giving the nice speech in these posts, I'm actually a lot madder than it seems like.  Nova would lose to every team that has advanced to the Elite 8 so far except George Mason.

At least you aren't blaming the refs. Its a nice change of pace in 'Bracket Banter' to see people complain about the teams, rather than the refs.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
At least you aren't blaming the refs.  Its a nice change of pace in 'Bracket Banter' to see people complain about the teams, rather than the refs.

Had nothing to do with the refs. Boston College went 8 for 17 from the line, which is another reason they lost. Ugh I'm still fuming :lolhitting .

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Had nothing to do with the refs.  Boston College went 8 for 17 from the line, which is another reason they lost.  Ugh I'm still fuming  :lolhitting .

Punch a family member or something, it'll make you feel better. ;)

I'm kidding of course.

Punching a family member wouldn't make that money come back. Damnit, I shoulda known. I win money every other year (2001, 2003, 2005) and I thought the streak would finally die. Although I will say this, if UConn can somehow win it all and Georgetown wins tonight and I get the left side of that bracket right (Memphis beats Texas in the national semi), I'd still have a shot. But damn that BC game hurt.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 03:34 AM)
My most hated college athlete of all time is Mateen Cleaves.  He was a average college player who just dribbled down the floor and passed it off to his amazingly awesome supporting cast.  But since he was a leader and made wide open 3's that I could make, he's a "great".  I cannot stand that, and the worst part was he had little talent and played his ass off with hustle.  He was like an annoying white guy, but nobody wanted to hate him since he wasn't white.  I coulda played point guard on those MSU teams with the talent they had.

/rant

Dude, sometimes I wonder if you really believe your own s***! "I coulda played point guard on those MSU teams". Ha ha f***ing HA

Cleaves was a great college player because he was a winner. He helped make those players better by getting them ball in the right places at the right times. Cleaves could control the tempo as well as any PG in college I can remember. It didn't matter if teams wanted to run or slow it down, Cleaves could control the game.

He wasn't the most athletically talented player, nor the greatest scorer, but those things aren't always the most important for a PG. Cleaves was a smart player that knew how to win. He hustled his ass off and didn't try to do more than was needed. Sometimes a player is great because he doesn't try to be a big time scorer. Lots of teams are talented, but they don't all win.

Cleaves at the very least was a gamer that knew how to win. He has an NCAA Title to prove that.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 03:44 AM)
Bitter? ;)  Nova played like complete dog s*** and won that game.  They might have got that bad game out of their system, they can win this thing as easily as anyone at this point.

Nah, Villanova sucks. Any smart basketball fan would know that. I mean they have been lucky as hell 28 times this year!

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
I really like Villanova.

BC was a rough match up and they pulled out a win. Also I love a defense that puts pressure on the ball.

I picked UConn to win it all, but I think Nova can play with any team.

Honestly, right now I have absolutely no idea who is going to win this thing. It is seriously wide open. I'm cheering for nova though, cause then I'll win my pool andI like this nova team anyways.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Dude, sometimes I wonder if you really believe your own s***!  "I coulda played point guard on those MSU teams".  Ha ha f***ing HA

Cleaves was a great college player because he was a winner.  He helped make those players better by getting them ball in the right places at the right times.  Cleaves could control the tempo as well as any PG in college I can remember.  It didn't matter if teams wanted to run or slow it down, Cleaves could control the game. 

He wasn't the most athletically talented player, nor the greatest scorer, but those things aren't always the most important for a PG.  Cleaves was a smart player that knew how to win.  He hustled his ass off and didn't try to do more than was needed.  Sometimes a player is great because he doesn't try to be a big time scorer.  Lots of teams are talented, but they don't all win. 

Cleaves at the very least was a gamer that knew how to win.  He has an NCAA Title to prove that.

Whatever you say. You just pulled out all the cliches that prove how overrated he is, since no one ever says he was a good player. Dude was blessed by the talent around him and by the fact he was an average point guard at the college level.

Oh, and 'Nova is toast next game. Florida is going to smack them down inside similarly to what BC did, and Florida's guards can actually hit some shots.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 07:29 AM)
Whatever you say.  You just pulled out all the cliches that prove how overrated he is, since no one ever says he was a good player.  Dude was blessed by the talent around him and by the fact he was an average point guard at the college level.

Oh, and 'Nova is toast next game.  Florida is going to smack them down inside similarly to what BC did, and Florida's guards can actually hit some shots.

No one ever says he was a good player? Cliches?

Dude, get off the crack and make some sense. Or at least use some of the money you spend on that stuff to buy a clue!

Edited by greasywheels121

Honestly, right now I have absolutely no idea who is going to win this thing. It is seriously wide open. I'm cheering for nova though, cause then I'll win my pool andI like this nova team anyways.

I'm still going with my bracket pick of Florida over Villanova. I don't think Nova can get the same kind of rebounds with their guards when Noah and Horford are inside. Corey Brewer is going to be a very tough matchup for them as well. But, Nova should be in their press again and Florida doesn't have great guard play, that's going to keep Nova somewhat close in my opinion.