Washington DC Regional

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
I'm so happy Nantz and Packer are the announce crew right after that game.  They just look like complete assholes now.

They routed Packer so he didn't have to announce any games with a mid-major past the sweet-16. Now they can't avoid it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
Has it hit anyone that George Mason could actually be your national champ?  I mean they've already beat msu, unc and uconn, why the hell not?

UConn and UNC are both better than LSU and UCLA. If they survive the Florida/Villanova winner, they are in very good shape IMO.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
My goodness, that's the biggest upset in the history of the tournament.  An 11 seed from the CAA that lost twice to Hofstra and was a narrow at large makes the final 4 by beating Michigan State, UNC, and UConn.  Biggest upset ever, end of story.

I'd call it the biggest upset in the shot clock era....

NCST over Phi Slamma Jamma

and

Villanova's "perfect game" over Georgetown might top 'em just because of the stage of the championship game.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
I'd call it the biggest upset in the shot clock era....

NCST over Phi Slamma Jamma

and

Villanova's "perfect game" over Georgetown might top 'em just because of the stage of the championship game.

They didn't win 4 games in a row all as the underdog (3 as a major underdog). There is a big difference between a team playing a crazy awesome game with no shot clock and a team in the shot clock era beating 4 teams like this.