Minneapolis Regional

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I had this bracket perfect except 1 game coming into tonight. Ironic it turns out to be the one that kills me. Freaking BC chokes it away, then Georgetown falls apart and gags the last 2 minutes. So close to having both those games and being in the green, but nope. f***ing ass, the every other year trend lives.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
I had this bracket perfect except 1 game coming into tonight.  Ironic it turns out to be the one that kills me.  Freaking BC chokes it away, then Georgetown falls apart and gags the last 2 minutes.  So close to having both those games and being in the green, but nope.  f***ing ass, the every other year trend lives.

101, if it makes you feel any better....I won both those games. :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
101, if it makes you feel any better....I won both those games. :P

I'd feel dirty if I was you, the inferior team won both games and your lucky....

(unless that wins you money, then laugh at me and roll in your dough).

Ugh, at least next year is an odd year, I'm a lock to kick ass.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
Blah blah blah. :)

Haha it's not a personal diss. If you win your bracket pool (which we've all done at some point) it's because you picked a few teams that got lucky and beat somebody better than them. Illinois beating an Arizona team better than them through complete and blind luck and Louisville's miracle comeback were the reason I won money last year after all.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:27 AM)
I'd feel dirty if I was you, the inferior team won both games and your lucky....

(unless that wins you money, then laugh at me and roll in your dough).

Ugh, at least next year is an odd year, I'm a lock to kick ass.

You need a beer or something...i know we all want our brackets to do well, but chill out a bit. We don't want you to die.

BTW, neither bc nor villanova deserved to win that game, bc with turnovers, nova with poor shooting.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Fraser is such a sad situation. He was an amazing athlete, and dominant shot-blocker coming out of high school, and was even ranked as the top player in the class by one analyst. Now after all the surgeries, he's a shell of a player.

It really is sad to watch him play. The guy just can't move any more and couldn't even find that many minutes down the stretch this year for nova. He went from a NBA lock to having absolutely no knees left. Got to feel for the guy, that's rough.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:32 AM)
You need a beer or something...i know we all want our brackets to do well, but chill out a bit. We don't want you to die.

BTW, neither bc nor villanova deserved to win that game, bc with turnovers, nova with poor shooting.

Haha man tonight cost me a free couple hundred bucks that I only needed a trip to mcdonald's worth of money to qualify for. A couple of good bounces and I'm happy as hell. If BC and G-Town would have just gotten killed, I'd be in a much better state of mine and more accepting. Same goes for if my bracket would have just crashed and burned the first weekend like it usually does in even numbered years. :(

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
Haha man tonight cost me a free couple hundred bucks that I only needed a trip to mcdonald's worth of money to qualify for.  A couple of good bounces and I'm happy as hell.  If BC and G-Town would have just gotten killed, I'd be in a much better state of mine and more accepting.  Same goes for if my bracket would have just crashed and burned the first weekend like it usually does in even numbered years. :(

Nature of the beast man. You need some luck to win it, obviously not basketball knowledge, or we'd all win our brackets. Rowand and I have been pretty lucky so far, we know that. Who knows how long it will last. But with every game coming down to the last possession, it's a ton of luck, no one can predict this type of stuff.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
Haha man tonight cost me a free couple hundred bucks that I only needed a trip to mcdonald's worth of money to qualify for.  A couple of good bounces and I'm happy as hell.  If BC and G-Town would have just gotten killed, I'd be in a much better state of mine and more accepting.  Same goes for if my bracket would have just crashed and burned the first weekend like it usually does in even numbered years. :(

It happens to all of us. I usually get f'd over every year kind of like you did this year, that's honestly one reason why March is so awesome, these games are just absolutely psychotic. I'm not sure exactly why but my luck has been different this year and we'll see if it lasts but it's nice for once. Anyways, you're in college, I'm sure you can find something to do to get your mind off the games.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:38 AM)
It happens to all of us.  I usually get f'd over every year kind of like you did this year, that's honestly one reason why March is so awesome, these games are just absolutely psychotic.  I'm not sure exactly why but my luck has been different this year and we'll see if it lasts but it's nice for once.  Anyways, you're in college, I'm sure you can find something to do to get your mind off the games.

Of course. The weird part is I'm too good at this, I've won significant money in this thing in 2001, 2003, and 2005. I've won 3 times and i'm 20, a lot of ppl don't do that their entire life. Ah well, whatever.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Of course.  The weird part is I'm too good at this, I've won significant money in this thing in 2001, 2003, and 2005.  I've won 3 times and i'm 20, a lot of ppl don't do that their entire life.  Ah well, whatever.

You're spending to much time on soxtalk now, it ruins lives. :P

Well I remembered about a week ago that in January I put some money down on Florida to win it all(if you remember I was touting them on here about how they were the best team I saw all year) but I changed my champ pick to nova because Florida scared me a bit down the stretch. Anyways, I guess I have a chance to win more money now if UF wins this thing cause I still win my pool if they win it all.