Minneapolis Regional

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
I'd feel terrible about my BC final four pick right now if not for the fact that this region is so flawed.  They are VERY lucky to have survived this one though.

^^^

The first round allows a lot to happen, because of nerves or what have you, but I expect/believe BC will be ready for their weekend game.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
This game reminds me of FLA-Butler in 2000.

Florida was a popular pick to go the final four, probably should've lost. Escaped with a buzzer beater victory, and ran all the way to the Championship game.

Great point.

Also, a short lived "overrated" chant by the bitter Pacific fans. :lol:

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
Best situation for me really.

BC wins which means I get the points, but they have to play 2 OT game going into Sunday's match up.

Most of the time I've seen in the tourney...the game beforehand usually winds up having almost no effect on the team the next game. They've got 2 days to rest, and they got a real test.

Sometimes they come out lax after a game like this, sometimes it just makes teams more determined, and you never know which will happen. All that matters is they got the W.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Nevada=underrated. :)

They're also a 5 seed, which means they have a target on their backs.

Seriously, this year was damn hard to pick the 5-12 upset.

Oh great...the yearly gigantic surge of Coach K commercials has begun. Note to self, don't buy a Chevy.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
No offense 101 but I don't understand how Nevada is overrated?  Virtually no one and I mean no one has them in the sweet 16.

Simple, there's no way they should be a #5 seed. The team is extremely pedestrian outside of Fazekas. I don't really think their resume is as impressive as Wichita State's, which is 2 seeds lower.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
Simple, there's no way they should be a #5 seed. The team is extremely pedestrian outside of Fazekas. I don't really think their resume is as impressive as Wichita State's, which is 2 seeds lower.

Marcelus Kemp is a pretty damn good player and Kyle Shiloh is an absolute sharp shooter. They also play tremendous defense.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)

Exactly right. Oh, Montana by 9 :).