CHW vs. OAK 3/13/06

hi8is

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
Anything can happen. I am VERY interested to see how this all shakes out.

Im putting money on a couple new faces at the Cell come the 2nd of April.....

I really think a prospect who we dont think will be moved, will be dealt. I personally really think that there may be a market for Rogowski, and im not sure why im so focused on that.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
quickman will make something happen when he's in AZ, he will browbeat Sox brass into getting something done, and/or browbeat some other team's GM if necessary.  Don't worry, he's on a mission.

i will buy drinks for the team if I have too, but there better be new faces within two weeks.

someone said that KW passed up on the A's pitcher (branton) or something like that for rocye ring.... can you fill me in/remind me about what that was all about

was it the koch/folke trade?

QUOTE(hi8is @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
someone said that KW passed up on the A's pitcher (branton) or something like that for rocye ring.... can you fill me in/remind me about what that was all about

was it the koch/folke trade?

No it was in the draft. KW passed on blanton and took royce ring. A's then selected blanton. Billy Beane made fun of KW in his book and thought he was nuts.

Ok, useless trivia about the ballpark this game is being played in today.

Phoenix Municipal Stadium, it was originally built in 1966 or so for the SF Giants. When you walk around the main concourse there are a few old fashioned light poles that look like something out of the 1920's.

That's because they are, they were salvaged from the demolition of the Polo Grounds in late 1964, which was of course where the NY Giants played before they moved to SF after 1957.

I really think a prospect who we dont think will be moved, will be dealt.  I personally really think that there may be a market for Rogowski, and im not sure why im so focused on that.

You are focused on that because it would make sense to trade Rogowski. We will have Konerko for the next 5 years and Thome for the next 3, possibly 4 years if he gets enough plate appearances in 2008 for his 2009 team option to be guaranteed. We have no need for Rogowski. He would only ever amount to a backup 1st baseman with us. May as well use him as trade-bait.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
You are focused on that because it would make sense to trade Rogowski.  We will have Konerko for the next 5 years and Thome for the next 3, possibly 4 years if he gets enough plate appearances in 2008 for his 2009 team option to be guaranteed.  We have no need for Rogowski.  He would only ever amount to a backup 1st baseman with us.  May as well use him as trade-bait.

Rogowski is one of the best defensive 1Bs in the minors, and can hit for average and swipe a few bases. You would think we could net a bullpen arm for him.

Rogowski is one of the best defensive 1Bs in the minors, and can hit for average and swipe a few bases.  You would think we could net a bullpen arm for him.

I think he was also learning to play some outfield but I don't see Ozzie ever using him there due to his desire for great defense.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
Bold prediction: Broadway throws well today.

WHOA there. Let's not get crazy or anything. :lol:

If he pitches through an inning against Oakland's 'C' players without atleast one baserunner it'll be a substantial step forward. Thus far, it's been a choir retiring other teams minor league talent.

borchard showed off some LTP POWER and hit a 3 run HR... then valido hit a solo shot

score is TIED 7 - 7 white sox still up in the bottom of the 8th

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE(hi8is @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
borchard showed off some LTP POWER and hit a 3 run HR... then valido hit a solo shot

score is TIED 7 - 7 white sox still up in the bottom of the 8th

The Oakland announcers credited Lopez with the game tying solo homer - not Valido (for what it's worth).