CHW vs. OAK 3/13/06

hi8is

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
happens with 80% of knuckleballers. they have no idea where the ball is going.

When I saw him pitch over the wknd, he seemed to have good command. He was throwing the knuckler right down the plate on a platter for the hitter.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Do we typically have this many crappy pitchers on our roster going in the spring training games?

yep. our ST ERA was terrible last year. DOesn't help that Freddy and Javier are gone either.

Ring Ring, kenny I told you if you want a pitcher I need sweeney. Quit calling me unless I get sweeney. i don't want some 30 year old Ross Gload career minor leaguer, I don't want your overpriced two sport piece of crap borchard who can't hit over 200. I want sweeney. call me back later.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
Haeger just doesn't seem to have any kind of command in the games he has pitched this spring.  He's all over the place.

His knuckler is nasty, but he is too inconsistent with it. Either its unhittable, or straight as an arrow. The only thing that will help him is some more time throwing it.

Ring Ring, kenny I told you if you want a pitcher I need sweeney. Quit calling me unless I get sweeney. i don't want some 30 year old Ross Gload career minor leaguer, I don't want your overpriced two sport piece of crap borchard who can't hit over 200. I want sweeney. call me back later.

Borchard and/or Gload plus some low level prospect for a relief pitcher before opening day. Lunch at the chinese place says I'm right.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
His knuckler is nasty, but he is too inconsistent with it.  Either its unhittable, or straight as an arrow.  The only thing that will help him is some more time throwing it.

I think it's just as important for knucklers to be able to have excellent control on their fastball so they can grab a strike when they need it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Borchard and/or Gload plus some low level prospect for a relief pitcher before opening day.  Lunch at the chinese place says I'm right.

Agreed. One of them will get traded, the other makes the roster. Its a matter of who the other team wants of the two.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
Borchard and/or Gload plus some low level prospect for a relief pitcher before opening day.  Lunch at the chinese place says I'm right.

Here's a legit question I have for you: Does Gload have any trade value? He seems more to me like minor league guys who are a dime a dozen, and often switch teams in the offseason. If KW could get value for Gload, I'd be thoroughly impressed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
Here's a legit question I have for you:  Does Gload have any trade value?  He seems more to me like minor league guys who are a dime a dozen, and often switch teams in the offseason.  If KW could get value for Gload, I'd be thoroughly impressed.

He has proven he can hit major league pitching, which is more than can be said for Borch.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Charlie still has his age on his side. He has ALOT of time to get things down.

Agreed, he is just not ready yet. Needs 1-2 more years if not more or throwing the pitch to be effective at all.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
How much value did you really think Baj had. Yes, I know he put up great numbers, but seeing his stuff( a small sample size of course) it really didnt seem like he is ready/will ever be a dependable major league pitcher.

We got one of the best utility men in the game.

It might not be the best example, but talent wise, IMO we won the deal by alot. Sometimes deals can be surprising.

I still think we unload someone that people dont expect.

Here's a legit question I have for you:  Does Gload have any trade value?  He seems more to me like minor league guys who are a dime a dozen, and often switch teams in the offseason.  If KW could get value for Gload, I'd be thoroughly impressed.

Fathom, the answer to that question is yes, but the caveat is what team at what point in time.

It would not shock me if he passed thru waivers unclaimed but I think he'll be moved for a similar player, i.e. in a similar situation.

Also remember on the surface Borchard is not Guillen's type of player for the role the White Sox have open.

There will, IMO, be a fair amount of wheeling and dealing come the end of March.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
There will, IMO, be a fair amount of wheeling and dealing come the end of March.

I wouldn't mind if it happened a little sooner than that, just so that whoever else we wind up with has a few minutes to get acclimated to the team.

I wouldn't mind if it happened a little sooner than that, just so that whoever else we wind up with has a few minutes to get acclimated to the team.

quickman will make something happen when he's in AZ, he will browbeat Sox brass into getting something done, and/or browbeat some other team's GM if necessary. Don't worry, he's on a mission.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
quickman will make something happen when he's in AZ, he will browbeat Sox brass into getting something done, and/or browbeat some other team's GM if necessary.  Don't worry, he's on a mission.

"Come on, prospects arent worth s***, trade em all Kenny"