Who's on the radar?

kevo880

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
Fade in

Phone rings

Kenny Williams glances at the Caller ID on his Blackberry, pauses a beat, then dumps the call to voice mail.

Rick Hahn: Aren't you going to answer that?

KW: Nah, it's just quickman. Again. All he's going to do is tell me that you suck, and the minor league system sucks.

I don't need that. I could get that at home from my wife.

Fade out

/end scene

Sorry to jump the thread, but this was hysterical. May not have been your intent, but was funny. Let me add this conversation..Today.

Rick hahn: Hey kenny your not going to tell him you signed a guy with no hands are you?

Kenny: Why not its better than what we have in our system anyway.

I'm just going to throw a name out there that hasn't been brough up since he was signed.

Nomo.

That's really about all I got on that. If that cat can consistently get some major league talent out in camp over the next few weeks, I'd have no problem carrying him until something better presents itself--in either a healthy Dustin Hermanson or some unforeseen situation.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
I'm just going to throw a name out there that hasn't been brough up since he was signed.

Nomo.

That's really about all I got on that.  If that cat can consistently get some major league talent out in camp over the next few weeks, I'd have no problem carrying him until something better presents itself--in either a healthy Dustin Hermanson or some unforeseen situation.

actually nomo was mentioned on the sox main page today. I hope to god he is not the guy we go to. ADDY I am extremely confident they will make a trade. they have too, there is nothing else we have. Ozzies quote today "We are looking for relievers and right now, they all [stink]. The opportunity is there and nobody wants to grab it."

Now if I would have said that, people would say is there anyone you like?

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Sorry to jump the thread, but this was hysterical. May not have been your intent, but was funny. Let me add this conversation..Today.

Rick hahn: Hey kenny your not going to tell him you signed a guy with no hands are you?

Kenny: Why not its better than what we have in our system anyway.

Humor was the desired intent...

No hands you say? He must play 3rd base.

Nomo.

That's really about all I got on that.  If that cat can consistently get some major league talent out in camp over the next few weeks, I'd have no problem carrying him until something better presents itself--in either a healthy Dustin Hermanson or some unforeseen situation.

Agreed, I would give Nomo a shot in ST and see if he could be a viable reliever. I mean, if Redding is getting a shot why not Nomo? If he stinks, then you look elsewhere. I still think Antonio Osuna should be brought in on a minor league deal if he's healthy. He appears to be as he pitched an inning for Mexico in the WBC.

What is the harm with auditioning Nomo, he may have zero left, let's find out. He is a veteran guy who is apparantly healthy, no harm no foul on this one.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
What is the harm with auditioning Nomo, he may have zero left, let's find out.  He is a veteran guy who is apparantly healthy, no harm no foul on this one.

That's where I'm at. Even if the guy was signed as a Charlotte roster-filler, we have a need in the bullpen and should exhaust every internal option before trading more talent to acquire a single bullpen arm.

How many times can we keep going back to the well there?

I think that they have a never-ending supply of Puerto Rican players for us (Javier Vazquez, Javier Lopez, Alex Cintron).

That's where I'm at.  Even if the guy was signed as a Charlotte roster-filler, we have a need in the bullpen and should exhaust every internal option before trading more talent to acquire a single bullpen arm.

Agreed. If Redding is getting a shot this ST, Nomo should as well. There's really nothing to lose anyways.

Edited by SSH2005

How many times can we keep going back to the well there?

I guess my flippant answer would be, until we win another World Series.

A serious answer is, they know one anothers systems really well, they have a good working relationship, they are not rivals, so the Dbacks are a good trading partner.

Dbacks have some fringe guys who can fit. I love to listen to Farmer and Harrelson talk up guys on other teams and speculate. It happened today with this Terrero guy and also with Vizcaino. The Sox would love to have Vizcaino back. Unorthodox? Yes. But then again KW is somewhat unorthodox in his methods.

TQ, if there's one thing I'm interested in at Arizona, it's Borchard's approach at the dish. Let us know if you see him doing anything, anything at all, differently that shows he might be able to put it all together. Because, when push comes to shove, it looks like either Gload or Borchard are going to be on a bus elsewhere and I want to know which of the two would serve this team better.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)

A serious answer is, they know one anothers systems really well, they have a good working relationship, they are not rivals, so the Dbacks are a good trading partner.

Dbacks have some fringe guys who can fit.  I love to listen to Farmer and Harrelson talk up guys on other teams and speculate.  It happened today with this Terrero guy and also with Vizcaino.  The Sox would love to have Vizcaino back.  Unorthodox?  Yes.  But then again KW is somewhat unorthodox in his methods.

Well I have no idea what we would offer them for viz. This really doesn't make much sense to me from the AZ side.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)

Dbacks have some fringe guys who can fit.  I love to listen to Farmer and Harrelson talk up guys on other teams and speculate.  It happened today with this Terrero guy and also with Vizcaino.  The Sox would love to have Vizcaino back.  Unorthodox?  Yes.  But then again KW is somewhat unorthodox in his methods.

If there's one guy in a Diamondbacks uniform I could ever seen on this team in 2006, it's Orlando El Duque Hernandez in a deadline acquisition.

Hawk has never failed us in the booth with his timely praise of opposition talent or untimely criticism of our own players in the past. He may be showing his hand once more.

Ok Jim I understand the hunches based on the chatter of our announcers, but we need relievers, fast. The D backs have little

You disappoint me. Take a look at who they have in camp, a ton of guys and they aren't gonna have spots for all of them. Casey Daigle is a good example, you know who he's married to, right?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
TQ, if there's one thing I'm interested in at Arizona, it's Borchard's approach at the dish.  Let us know if you see him doing anything, anything at all, differently that shows he might be able to put it all together.  Because, when push comes to shove, it looks like either Gload or Borchard are going to be on a bus elsewhere and I want to know which of the two would serve this team better.

you bet, I will live at the park for practices in the morning and games in the afternoon. Bars at night...

Well I have no idea what we would offer them for viz. This really doesn't make much sense to me from the AZ side.

I doubt that Arizona will be moving any bullpen guys, except for maybe the guys who won't have any chance of making their roster. The whole reason they acquired Vizcaino and Bajenaru is because their bullpen sucked so bad last year. The Diamondbacks had the worst bullpen in the entire MLB last season (5.40 bullpen ERA). And even when their bullpen is set, they will want to have a few of those extra guys that don't make the roster in the minors in case one or two of their current bullpen guys falter.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
If there's one guy in a Diamondbacks uniform I could ever seen on this team in 2006, it's Orlando El Duque Hernandez in a deadline acquisition.

What?

The guy with a bloated salary who was called out by both KW and Ozzie last year for missing his starts???