Puerto Rico vs. Venezuela

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
His glove is below average... D'Backs fans wanted rid of him, and they've seen plenty of Royce the Choice™ down there.

What makes you think his glove is below average?

I have him at a career fpct at SS as .972 4.33 RF .828 ZR

Thats only slightly worse than Uribe's .974 5.03 .849

Just because certain fans want to get rid of a player, it doesnt mean he is a bad player.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
What makes you think his glove is below average?

I have him at a career fpct at SS as .972 4.33 RF .828 ZR

Thats only slightly worse than Uribe's .974 5.03 .849

Just because certain fans want to get rid of a player, it doesnt mean he is a bad player.

BP rates him as a below average defender.

BB-R rates his range as below leage average

Tango's scouting report by the fans rates him as below average.

I don't think I can come up with a single metric where he rates as even an average defensive SS. I also never said he was a bad player.

He's just not a good one.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 10:06 AM)
BP rates him as a below average defender.

BB-R rates his range as below leage average

Tango's scouting report by the fans rates him as below average.

I don't think I can come up with a single metric where he rates as even an average defensive SS. I also never said he was a bad player.

He's just not a good one.

With the exception of Tango (which I'v never heard of) the rest show the same stats I posted before. I still dont see how that classifies him as below average. He is a good player, is good enough to start on several major league teams, and good enough to be a solid defender in the WBC. He is a good player.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
With the exception of Tango (which I'v never heard of) the rest show the same stats I posted before.  I still dont see how that classifies him as below average.  He is a good player, is good enough to start on several major league teams, and good enough to be a solid defender in the WBC.  He is a good player.

Find me anywhere that says he's above average. (It'll be like finding WMDs in Iraq) Your definition of a good player, one who is above average, is extremely generous. "Good enough to start on several major league teams," is really faint praise considering he was bad enough in the field that the D'Backs, one of the worst teams in baseball, brought in Royce the Choice™ to shore up their defense. There will always be a few teams in such disarray that you can make the statement "he's good enough to start on several major league teams" to justify a player's worth. But it still doesn't make that player anything more than a reserve/utility player.

Jose Valentin has been a solid defender in the WBC, Mets fans aren't clamoring for him to replace David Wright.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

From what I have heard about Cintron, he is really inconsistent with the glove at SS. He will make an outstanding play one minute and completely botch a more routine play the next. There's no way his glove is as good as Uribe's although his bat could be better.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
From what I have heard about Cintron, he is really inconsistent with the glove at SS.  He will make an outstanding play one minute and completely botch a more routine play the next.  There's no way his glove is as good as Uribe's although his bat could be better.

He's made his 3rd error of the WBC tonight.

That's one E every other game.