Culpepper traded to Miami

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
ProFootballTalk.com hears QB Daunte Culpepper may miss most of 2006.

Rehabbing from knee surgery after tearing his ACL, PCL, and MCL last season, Culpepper initially felt he'd be ready for the start of the upcoming campaign. However, there have been recent reports he won't be able to play at all this year. The Dolphins have pursued Joey Harrington and Tommy Maddox as insurance policies and currently have only Cleo Lemon and Brock Berlin, who's in NFL Europe, on the active roster.

PFT is full of s***

Culpepper is ahead of schedule, he may not be ready for the opener but theres no way he misses the entire season

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
ProFootballTalk.com hears QB Daunte Culpepper may miss most of 2006.

Rehabbing from knee surgery after tearing his ACL, PCL, and MCL last season, Culpepper initially felt he'd be ready for the start of the upcoming campaign. However, there have been recent reports he won't be able to play at all this year. The Dolphins have pursued Joey Harrington and Tommy Maddox as insurance policies and currently have only Cleo Lemon and Brock Berlin, who's in NFL Europe, on the active roster.

I can't help but laugh if this is true :P

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
PFT is full of s***

Culpepper is ahead of schedule, he may not be ready for the opener but theres no way he misses the entire season

When the injury first happened, the best guess was that he'd be back at the midpoint of next season, but since then, you're right, all of the news we've heard has been pretty good, "ahead of schedule" stuff.

I don't think Miami would have given up a 2nd rounder if they thought at the time he'd miss the whole season. Not when Brees was still available. The only way this is true is if DC hit some sort of major roadblock in his rehab.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
When the injury first happened, the best guess was that he'd be back at the midpoint of next season, but since then, you're right, all of the news we've heard has been pretty good, "ahead of schedule" stuff.

I don't think Miami would have given up a 2nd rounder if they thought at the time he'd miss the whole season.  Not when Brees was still available.  The only way this is true is if DC hit some sort of major roadblock in his rehab.

Which I doubt..

I mean hes been in shorts and a tshirt throwin bombs on the practice field.. walking around WITHOUT a limp..

I seriously doubt that he is not gonna be able to play at all next season, and I expect him to be there on opening day UNLESS they hold him out depending on how much training camp he misses if any

You what the good news is, though? There are tons of boats in Miami. What could possibly go wrong? When Daunte is feeling down, he can just phone up Bryant McKinnie, Moe Williams and Fred Smoot and they can all have a huge orgy with disease infested women while floating around in the Atlantic.

Win-Win for Culpepper.