Will Ferrell Dead?

tonyho7476

I can't find anything on the web to verify. Heard this on Bubba the Love Sponge Show...I know, I know. Sounded legit. Supposedly he died in a para-gliding accident. The wind supposedly blew him off course and into the trees. If anyone sees a confirmation, please post.

If so, RIP. Great comedic performer.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
I can't find anything on the web to verify.  Heard this on Bubba the Love Sponge Show...I know, I know.  Sounded legit.  Supposedly he died in a para-gliding accident.  The wind supposedly blew him off course and into the trees.  If anyone sees a confirmation, please post.

If so, RIP.  Great comedic performer.

So, I did a Google search...there's 1 page listed under Will Ferrel which does say he died a few hours ago in a paragliding accident, but the page that is hosting that report appears down/dead so I can't evaluate whether or not it's B.S.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
So, I did a Google search...there's 1 page listed under Will Ferrel which does say he died a few hours ago in a paragliding accident, but the page that is hosting that report appears down/dead so I can't evaluate whether or not it's B.S.

I guess it was on newswire.com...the story is now down or something. Maybe he had an accident, but didn't die. I hope not. he's too funny to die. :bang

If this is true we lost another comedic genius. I mean that video of him doing bush that surfaced before the last election was one of the funniest things i have ever seen in my life other then the Arnold Shwartzenager (sp) Japanese commercials I just saw on Conan.

If you read the article that Kalapse posted, you see the actual article itself. It's a pretty poorly written article.

"Actor Will Ferrell accidentally died in a freak para-gliding accident yesterday in Torey Pines, Southern California."

He accidentally had an accident - isn't hard to intentionally have an accident? That type of mistake just does not happen if a professional AP writer is doing that story. Pretty much could tell it was a hoax from the get go.

"The accident apparently happened somewhere near the famed paragliding site after a freak wind gush basically blew Ferrell and his companion towards a wooded area where they lost control before crashing into the dense foilage. "

I think it was clarified that it was an accident...3 uses of the word accident in the first 20 words of a story is a bit excessive.

Also, the word basically is very poor word choice...again, something a professional AP writer would not do. The word would simply be omitted.

Foilage is not a word either, but typos occur, and are sometimes even overlooked after being passed by an editor.

Whether you like him or not, Will Ferrell is still alive and well.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)
I'm sure Stewie is devastated.

They love Will Ferrell @ family guy. They even had him in 1 episode as the black night. As they said on the commentary of the episode you're referring to...no matter how much they like Will...after that joke, Stewie just had to do something.