Starbury gets pwned by Brown

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2369333

"I went into this year trying to do something, to put myself in a situation where we can win, OK?" Marbury was quoted as saying. "To help the team win games. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, what do I do now, as far as the way I play? I go back to playing like Stephon Marbury, aka Starbury. I haven't been Starbury this year. I've been some other dude this year."

He followed that up with more discontent this week. Brown's response Tuesday: "That means, 'I ain't thinking about all those things that really are relevant. I ain't thinking about any of those things.' "

The coach also attacked comparisons between how he handled Allen Iverson while coach of the 76ers and how he's handling Marbury.

"[iverson] came to every game trying to win, as hard as he possibly could," Brown said. "Played hurt, broken down, competed every single night, and we had a team around him that accepted what he could do. And they all knew that every single night he's trying to win the game. ... He competed every single minute of every game."

The relationship between Brown and Marbury has been closely watched since Brown became the Knicks coach last summer. Marbury is a point guard who prefers to score, and Brown has been demanding on point guards throughout his career. There were doubts the two could get along, and that gulf has widened this week.

"I've been coaching how many years? A long time," Brown said. "I never left a team in worse shape than I got it. Not once. Now think about that. Think about me and think about the guy who's talking. All right? I've never asked anything of my players any different than I'm doing right now. Think about that.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
I'd rather they stay in NY until the end of 07.  Keep fighting and screwing that team over until we get the 2nd top pick.

I wholeheartedly agree. And with Thomas leading the way, not only is it possible but it is also probable.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
sure do.  Here's a good site to see who will be available.  http://nbadraft.net/

That would be the best case scenario. I think everybody pretty much knows about Aldridge. But, man, if we could get Brewer, too? That would be an A+++ draft. Brewer is a defensive monster.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
That would be the best case scenario.  I think everybody pretty much knows about Aldridge.  But,  man,  if we could get Brewer,  too?  That would be an A+++ draft.  Brewer is a defensive monster.

So what would everyones ideal draft pair be?

Aldridge and Brewer?

Aldridge and Morrison?

Morrison and Brewer?