Sox vs Rox 3/15 Official Game Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Sometime in May? Then again. Our offense was still sucking in May last year too

Well, if it continues to suck like this, then we just have to hope our pitching does amazing like it did and that we also win every close game.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
Santo=dorf was the first one to bring up Osuna and he has to be better than the rest of these gas cans vying for the job.  ;)

anything is better than the pile of dung that has been the lefty hopeful group.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
Santo=dorf was the first one to bring up Osuna and he has to be better than the rest of these gas cans vying for the job.  ;)

I just watched tape of his inning pitched last night...

He topped out at about 90 on the gun. -- I seem to remember him throwing in the low-to-mid 90's with us.

Control looked good, though he didn't appear to have command of his slider(81-83).

What was working for him was an off-speed pitch (73-77), and I couldn't really tell you what it was. It looked almost like a PHAT curveball that was only breaking a little, but I suspect it was justa changeup. He got a few of them up in the zone, but Japan was way out in front of it every time he threw it.

I just watched tape of his inning pitched last night...

He topped out at about 90 on the gun. -- I seem to remember him throwing in the low-to-mid 90's with us.

Control looked good, though he didn't appear to have command of his slider(81-83).

What was working for him was an off-speed pitch (73-77), and I couldn't really tell you what it was. It looked almost like a PHAT curveball that was only breaking a little, but I suspect it was justa changeup. He got a few of them up in the zone, but Japan was way out in front of it every time he threw it.

Yeah, I seem to remember Osuna throwing in the low 90's with his fastball. I've seen him throw a 77 MPH changeup and he also throws a good slider. I don't remember him throwing a curveball but if so, even better.