Sox vs Rox 3/15 Official Game Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
Triceps tendinitis for Contreras according to Ed Farmer, that's why Neal Cotts started. Hermanson to throw tomorrow on their off day.

Lotta tendinitis going around lately. Jose, Pods, Damon, etc. Well, guess that's why you have ST in the first place.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
A lot.  We are depending on Jenks a great deal this season and even moreso now that Hermanson is done.

And so you would be worried because he didn't have a perfect inning? When obviously working on one pitch? When he had given up 1 HIT in 4 previous innings? WHen it's SPRING TRAINING.

Seriously. Do you know Bobby's ERA last year? Jose's? Garland's? Etc, etc. It's spring training. It's one thing to worry about the second lefty spot, but that had nothing to do with that inning.

seriously, why wouldnt the rockies want him?  hed hit 50 homers.  he'd hit .250 with 195 strikeouts, but its conceivable that he could hit the ball 600 feet at coors.

I don't know if he'd hit .250 but I still think he would be worth a try for the Rockies. They have Matt Holliday and Brad Hawpe at the corners but only Cory Sullivan in CF. Maybe Borchard could play some CF for them?

That was pretty impressive from LOOGYN™ (I get all royalties from the nickname)

His delivery isn't quite side-arm, but it's not your typical 3/4 delivery either. It's almost Cotts-like in that the ball seems to be hard to pick up.

touched 89 on the gun, so he's not throwing complete junk.

That was pretty impressive from LOOGYN (I get all royalties from the nickname)

His delivery isn't quite side-arm, but it's not your typical 3/4 delivery either. It's almost Cotts-like in that the ball seems to be hard to pick up.

touched 89 on the gun, so he's not throwing complete junk.

Yeah, he's Buehrle Part 2 the way Farmer is kissing his ass.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
what else is he throwin? what kind of pitches?

It was too quick to really be a good judge. He threw one breaking ball that got a swing and a miss. Hawk called it nasty, but when isn't he praising somebody?

Edited by Gene Honda Civic